Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Website Host

Pages: 1 7 replies

I was thinking of getting a website to put my Tiki's on, anyone can suggest a good, cheap easy to use web host? I was thinking of msn for 34.95 a year...I just want to be able to put up 10-20 pictures of my Tiki's with a brief description of each without much hassle.

S

I might be able to help, and without all the crappy ads and with a very fast server. Email me.

I love the host I use for my 2 sites: GoDaddy.com. Cheap and has excellent customer support.

I use Picturetrail.com for my photos. They have a great upload program, and remote linking is allowed (a lot of people use it to host pictures of items being sold on auction sites). I pay $20 a year for 500 pictures or 50 megs of storage.

It really is a nice service, and I've been quite happy with it.

Mahalo. Got a few recomendations for godaddy and set up with them, just what I was looking for.

S

You should have emailed. I could give you a domain, POP3 and webmail, etc. for what those guys charge. And no built in ads, and a very fast server that's not overloaded

Something I'd suggest is looking into a local server provider, there's few things more annoying than trying to straighten out errors on a server 1/2 a continent away. It's alot easier to deal with people when you can just drive over & do it face to face, too.

S

For future reference, I can give you a subdomain off the Swank Pad. Your website will be YOURSITE.SwankPad.org and you will be set up just like any other site. FTP access, POP3 and webmail with [email protected] and it'll work just like a regular site, except you won't need to register a domain. I'll match or beat those other guys' prices and you'll have a better deal. Plus, my server admin is great. The server is fast. Spam is low.

Pages: 1 7 replies