Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The O.C. Tiki Club ?

Pages: 1 22 replies

Aloha Centralites, I'm thinking about forming a TIKI club based out of Orange County Ca. (I live in Huntington beach). If there is already such a club please let me know so I can join. But if not, let's get one going. We could have "meetings" at home TIKI bars (like mine!), have uke jams, mix drinks, have drum circles, and anything else sophisticated young (and not so young) TIKIphiles do. I also run a motorhome rental company so field trips and mini TIKI-tours are a possibility. It's all just a thought right now but will become a reality if there are enough people interested. As for me, I have "post-TIKI OASIS syndrome" and can't get enough TIKI in my life...TIKI makes me happy. Anyhoo, e-mail me with your thoughts, ideas, and suggestions at [email protected] for I am truly...Tikitortured.

There already IS a HB/OC Tiki Club...and it's ME!

For all those about to get their panties in a bind over my above post, I was just kidding!

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2004-05-12 14:10 ]

Its always all about the Bong!!

There's no formal club going, but a great social scene as it is........

TikiTortured,

Since we're both in HB, I tell you what - if your credit rating is good and you don't have any convictions, maybe we can hang.

Surf?

OK, judging by the underwhelming response to my previous post, I guess it was a bad idea. But mark my words, one day there will be an organization so powerful that TIKI will take over the world!! So I'll bide my time...until then, aloha.

L

On 2004-05-18 07:32, tikitortured wrote:.....TIKI will take over the world!!

wait...
it hasn't already!?

TD

I think it would be cool to get together with some other swank, tiki loven, lounge lizards in OC... I live in OC also, there are a lot of TIKI places to visit here in So Cal and I know that a lot of people spend a lot of time making there houses and patios into awesome Tiki lounges and should be able to share them with other Tiki loven people. we could get a great club craw together..

I may be going to San Diego soon just to visit all the Tiki spots..
Hopefully we will see you soon....

patience grasshopper....

do you have any tiki-decked out motor homes for rent?

T

I'll join a tiki club.. I'm in HB as well....

M

This whole forum IS a tiki club. No need to partition off county specific clubs.

There are few enough of us here that we travel pretty long distances to attend parties of fellow Tiki Centralites.

If you asked the average tiki centralite if they would drive 200 miles round trip to attend someones backyard barbeque the answer would most likely be YES.

TB

On 2004-06-08 21:36, Monkeyman wrote:

If you asked the average tiki centralite if they would drive 200 miles round trip to attend someones backyard barbeque the answer would most likely be YES.

I can vouch for that, Utop & I are lookin forward to seeing ya at Bongofury's.

TR

On 2004-05-12 11:15, tikitortured wrote:
We could have "meetings" at home TIKI bars (like mine!), have uke jams, mix drinks, have drum circles, and anything else sophisticated young (and not so young) TIKIphiles do. I also run a motorhome rental company so field trips and mini TIKI-tours are a possibility.

Post it, build it, form it, organize it, or mix it...and they(we) will come...

T

I think, and Bong or anyone else feel free to correct me, they are trying to say is if you want to meet other tiki people throw a party and they will come,or start traveling which is part of the the whole tiki thing, if you wanna find it ya gotta go man go and search it out. Organized chaos needs no membership to belong, either you are a part of it or a bystander.

On 2004-06-08 21:36, Monkeyman wrote:
There are few enough of us here that we travel pretty long distances to attend parties of fellow Tiki Centralites.

200 miles? That's nothin'. I've flown from California to Florida just to meet up with a few tikiphiles for DINNER.

Yep, there's a club, you've found it, you're in it, but it doesn't have boundaries.

Tikiphiles sans frontiers!

I think Tiki Ryder hit the note. If you want to have an OC Tiki happening, organize one. But be advised - I'd attend.

S

tikitortured,

2 words:

Tiki Bar

"If you build it, they will come."

I thought it was a good idea at the time, but thinking about it now, I would never join a club that would have ME as a member.

One of the most long-awaited punch lines in TC history! :wink:

Tikitortured-
WooHooWahine and I showed up to a Sam's Seafood get-together and we WERE the club that night!!!!(Noone else showed!) The only problem with a "club" per se, is that first it will be the O.C. Tiki Club, then the S.D. Tiki Club, then the L.A. Tiki Club.......THEN......You get the "O.C. Tikis, come out and playay!" Then the clubs will have turf wars and there will be spears flying and torches thrown into huts, masks getting cracked and tikis burning or getting stolen...
On second thought, SIGN ME UP!!!!!!
SoccerTiki

hmmm, that'd be interesting... But, wouldn't this be considered a "club"? An unofficial club, but a club non-the-less...

WooHooo! O.C Tiki Club, Tiki-rrific Idea. I want to join!!! :)

I'll join that is...If SoccerTiki lets me!!!

Pages: 1 22 replies