Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

For anybody who met my parents at Oasis...

Pages: 1 9 replies

M
mig posted on Wed, May 12, 2004 1:18 PM

This was too damn cute to not post here. An email from my mom yesterday:

Hi,

I am sitting here watching a show called Good Eats on the Food Channel. The
host is a "mad scientist" type of guy named Alton Brown.

He's wearing a shirt with flaming tiki torches, and he has a 10" ceramic tiki
on his desk.

I think he's One of Us!

-mom

B

Yep, that Was cute. A once in a life time line.

Parents - you gotta love 'em!

I was saying to Mr. Pineapple this weekend that I think the latest hipster accessory is PARENTS... it used to be babies, but now the babies are getting bigger, and they need someone to watch them while the mommies and daddies watch/sing in the bands...
There were a LOT of TC parents (parents of TC'ers?) at the Oasis...

my mom wasn't there but she DID make a couple of stained glass tikis for my booth! :)

T

I myself had my son and both of my grandkids for "TikiWeekend". This is their 3rd year in a row and they would not miss it for all of the playdough in China. Younger up - older down, it's all ohana.

Trustar

M

Mig- sorry I dry humped you in front of your mom.

I thought she knew.

Right on, Mig!
How many parents of TCers showed?
I got my mom and her 68 year old friend drunk at the Reef. My Moms had two Mai Tais and two gulp Sex on the Beach. She was hula-ing to the Hukilau Song on the way out of the parking lot. We had to carry her friend out. What a blast!

[ Edited by: Primo Kimo on 2004-05-14 14:09 ]

I brought my mom out with me this year (her first Oasis) and she had a blast. My wife stayed home, she's not real keen on heat. I couldn't convince her that it was still pleasant in May in Palm Springs. My mom was snapping pictures like crazy Sat. night during all of the performances and she absolutely loved King Kuk and Crazy Al (who doesn't)! I'm sure she will be making the trip out to TO V next year.

Since this is the "cute family message thread" I wanted to share this sweet e-mail my 12 year old son sent me:

".....oh ya i invented my own mai-tia! (made with real coconuts and erbs)
i cant wait to serve you one of my coco miatias looking forwerd to seeng love your son Diego Kirsten = ) "

Pages: 1 9 replies