Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Oasis Photo Board-Thanks Everyone!

Pages: 1 23 replies

Thanks to everyone who I managed to get a photo of at the Oasis. In total I captured 70 tiki central members. Due to some planning issues, I ran out of space.

After all the photos were printed and labeled (which I did in my room) I painted the entire board with Modge Podge craft glue for durability. At the end of the event, I officially presented it to Casey and the Caliente Tropics Staff. Casey indicated that it will be displayed in the Reef Bar at the Caliente Tropics for all to see. I have decided that capturing all the TC members is lots of fun and so I will continue my quest at every TC event I attend. I will be going to the Hukilau so I can get some east coast representation. I have all of these photos digitally stored so I can build and even bigger and more complete board next time.

Thanks everybody.
whew.

Thanks Monkeyman! You got one of the few nice photos of me from the whole weekend. Why do I persist in my belief that a garment named MuMu is flattering? :)
mrs. pineapple

Great job on the board, MM. Any chance you could link your pic to a super-hi-rez version so we can see everyone?

shutterfly wont produce high res images. Fotki doesnt let me link directly to the photo. Where else should I put it so that the high res version is available?

that board was fantastic, monkeyman! thanks for the great pic too although I really need to get off the prednisone..I'm puffing up like Jerry Lewis!

can you upload it in larger sections maybe? and we can figure it out like a puzzle! cool! .....cool? .......maybe?

Since I didn't attend this year you couldn't take my picture for your board. However, my photo is available at most post offices.

Great job on the TC board Monkeyman! I look forward to seeing it everytime i go to Caliente.

M
mig posted on Thu, May 13, 2004 11:24 AM

Hey monkeyman, if you need a high-res version from Shutterfly (e.g. if you uploaded it in high-res), then just let me know... I used to work there so I have the connections. :)

Those pictures came out really nice, I saw the board on display in the office!

K

Monkeyman,

If you want I can post the picture on my server in high-res for those interested.

E-mail and we can discuss.

Monkeyman, send me your hi-rez version and I'll host it and put a link to it.

Thanks Monkeyman - great idea & well done. I'm glad you decided against a collage type of presentation of personal photos e-mailed prior to the event (not that I'm 2nd guessing your initial approach). The creative process is full of twists and turns but the end result is all that matters. It was nice seeing you & your family again. See you at San Diego Tiki Crawl I (if not before).

Mahalo Monkeyman!! I also wanted to thank You for all your hard work putting the board together. What a treat. -TheTIKIGuy (Angelo and Alison)

Cool Derek, and thanks for the secret envelope!

Let me just add my heartfelt thanks, Monkeyman! Great job on that board, and it was a real pleasure to meet you!

Lisa aka tikivixen

Good job Monkeyman!

For some reason I though I already posted a reply, but I guess I didn't - so thanks a lot Monkeyman for the idea, and the superb execution. I noticed you rearranged it at least once or twice during the event. Indeed, a lot of work, especialy when considering it was all done in the room, while most of the others (me included) were having a good time at the festivities.

Mahalo,

Ran

Mahaloz Monkeyman and nice talkin to ya at da show!

M

Very well done Monkeyman! I am notoriously bad with remembering names. Add the complexity of matching names and faces with TC handles and I'm in trouble. I could use a wallet sized version of that board for reference at parties. :wink:

ModMana :drink:

Thanks for your time and effort Monkeyman.
A wallet size version would be good...but how about a Tiki Central deck of cards with members photos printed on them. No wait...all members could get those "big league baseball" type of trading cards with their photo and interesting facts about themselves printed on them. I can see it now..."I'll trade you a MaiKai Gents for a Smokin Menehunes, and I'll throw in a King Kukulele for a Crazy Al.

And again voonderbar on the Board!!
Most volcanic of you?
Praise the Monkey
For he has many fine ideas for our TIKI family.

Volcanic..... Next time I see you I'm gonna kick your ......Ankles (your just too damn big for an ass whoopin)

I will never live that one down. Thanks Bax

Thanks, Monkeyman, least of all for taking a decent picture...and for SO much more.

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2004-05-20 11:19 ]

Pages: 1 23 replies