Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

I found where to acquire Falernum, if anybody is interested.

Pages: 1 8 replies

Binny's.com out of chicago sells falernum, which is pretty hard to get, especially in florida where i live. i have seen a few recipes in tropical drink books, but never knew what it was until i read about it. just wanted to share this info in case someone was looking for it.

M

And $12.49 is a good price as well!

K

Yeah, $12.49 a bottle is great - however they charge $12.23 to ship a bottle to California. Buy the case and shipping is only $24.15 - go figure.

Luckly I can buy Taylor's Velvet Falernum locally. Then again, it did take me awhile to track it down.

On 2004-05-13 14:40, The Ragin' Rarotongan wrote:
Binny's.com out of chicago sells falernum, which is pretty hard to get, especially in florida where i live.

Be careful about ordering liquor and having it shipped to Florida. This is from Binny's website:

Warning: Certain states expressly prohibit the direct importation of alcohol and violation can be punishable as a misdemeanor or felony.

It is Binny's policy not to ship to certain states where direct shipment is prohibited and therefore, our web site will not let you place an order for shipment to Michigan, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, Tennessee and other states.

Falernum is the one spirit I have not been able to find in Florida at all. You can have the DaVinci Falernum syrup shipped because it is non alcoholic, but it's not the real deal.

P

Falernum is a cause - not a beverage.

Liquorama.com has sent it successfully to my address in FL several times.

And I make my own as well.

martiki stole my last bottle of Taylors right in front of me... but what else can you expect from a West Coast-er.

If you'd like to meet quality "Eastern" Tiki people in a quality environment - then we'll see you at the opening of the Hale Tiki next weekend.

Falernum will be available for your drinking pleasure.

M

On 2004-05-13 22:40, pablus wrote:

martiki stole my last bottle of Taylors right in front of me... but what else can you expect from a West Coast-er.

Oi! You know damn well you forgot it.

Jeez...pass a smile along, wouldya?

:)

S

For those who really care (Pablus), there is some Sazerac at Hale Tiki, for the discriminating. But I doubt you get it unless you are real nice. The DaVinci I sold them was behind the bar last I saw. But, that was while ago. They have likely torn through that bottle. Who knows what's being used.

Oddly, the one thing they did not have to make every drnik in the Grog Log was St. James Rum. I grought 2 bottles, and who knows if they lasted a simple night. I think they got a source though.

Thanks Muggler, i didn't read that part on the binny's site. i called the spirit of hartford, the distributer, and she told me about binny's. i even told her i was in florida, and could not find the product. Thanks Pablus, i appreciate the tip on liquorama, much appreciated. i wanted to hook up with some people on the east coast-i think it was you and flounder who went to the mai kai last month, i couldn't make it.

The Binny's thing is hereby officially confirmed by a Chicagoan - I drove over there today and got two bottles of Velvet Falernum (11% alcohol by volume, product of Barbados) for $12.49 each plus tax.

It was in the rum section.

Also saw something I'd never noticed before: Angostura brand clear rum for $7.99 per bottle. Figured I'd give it a whirl... details later.

Pages: 1 8 replies