Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Any tiki-types in Montreal?

Pages: 1 5 replies

Hi gang, just wondering if there are any tiki centralites in my home town. If anyone knows any good Tiki places to investigate, let me know by posting here. I've read the online version of the MaiTai put out by the Montreal Tiki Appreciation society (did I get that right?), but do you guys meet anywhere regularly for Mai Tai's?

Just curious, and I am a sociable tikifan! Would love to meet some others with this particular brand of mania! :lol:

John in Montreal and the Mai Tai Newsletter Online, the Montreal Tiki Apreciation Society is probably a good start.

Velvet Ruby moved to Vancouver but probably still comes around to visit.

Here's a thread about Tiki in Montreal, too. There's plenty more, just click on the word "Search" above to the right & type in "Montreal." You'll get a whole page of links & info about Jardin Tiki, the Coconut Hotel & more!

T

Montreal has a surprisingly lively Tiki community - track down John Trivisanno (publisher of the Mai Tai magazine who's web site you have already seen). Through him you'll meet the whole posse.

The Jardin Tiki is a must-see!

Tiki in Montreal?

Yes indeed!!!

Others have already put you on the right track in the posts above... email us at the Montreal Tiki Appreciation Society ([email protected]) or check out our web-site (www.angelfire.com/un/mai tai) to find out what we're up to!

Here's a little Montreal Tiki event preview for you...

Plans are underway for an event to take place during the first of this summer's annual St-Laurent street festivals (June 17-20). Still in the planning stages so I can't give you more details right now... but we'll keep you posted on the Mai Tai web-site, on the board here at Tiki Central, and through the Mai Tai e-mail list as things take shape.

Also, Mai Tai #12 should (hopefully) be out just in time for the event or by the end of June at the latest.

More stuff in the works too!

[ Edited by: John in Montreal on 2004-05-16 19:52 ]

GREAT!!! Thanks so much all! Hey John! Wonderful. I'll keep looking for the St. Laurent street festival event, and me & hubby will be there for sure!!! Would love to say hi to all! Please keep in contact thru this board, or I'll keep looking on your website. Where in Montreal can I pick up a copy of the Mai Tai???

Hey TikiPearls!

Will certainly keep everyone posted about upcoming tiki stuff right here on this board... waiting to hear about final details for June activities but I'll be able to say more soon.

As for getting copies of Mai Tai in Montreal, Monastiraki (a little antique/junk shop / gallery/ bookstore on St.Laurent near St. Viateur) is about the only place I put them these days... Most copies of Mai Tai ship out of town, either through mail order from the web-site or for free distribution at tiki hot-spots around the US, Canada, and abroad. But look for copies at Monastiraki or at Le Point Vert (magazine shop on St. Laurent at Duluth). Monastiraki carries our Mai Tai Exotic Cocktail Guide too, as well as some of my other non-tiki related material.

Pages: 1 5 replies