Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Giant plastic Moai

Pages: 1 12 replies

8T

Just wondering if anyone has bought one of these. It is plastic, 55" tall and weighs 10 pounds. What I want to know most is does it hold up well outside in the elements? Thanks. 8FT

8',

I got one at Oceanic Arts a while back and use it to scare my dog every Halloween (yeah, cheap thrills). It holds up pretty well here in Cali outside, but extreme temps may be a different story.

where and how can i buy one? and can it be shipped?

T

http://www.tikibosko.com/luau.htm
1/2 way down. I've seen 'em cheaper on ebay.

8T

Yea, Bosko's site is where I saw that. But for the $175 + S&H price, I want to know who has had them outside and what kind of affects the weather has on them first. Anyone????

UV light fades dyes in plastic, red usually being the worst. I can't tell if your piece has any dye at all though.

I'd love to have one of those. I'd like to use it to cover a foot tall 4x4 that's going to have my pond outlets attached to it. This guy look perfect for hiding it! I can lift him off when I need to plug and un-plug things.
The only problem for me is the cost. I don't even want to think about what the shipping would be to Canada! Gecko's mug cost me an extra $40!!

Alnshely turned me on to benson imports. great site. they have that same giant moai for 75.00. it is hollow in the back, i don't know if the one pictured at the top of this thread is too, but i am assuming so because the face is exactly the same. i hope that this helps. they also have real tapa lamps, but they are mucho $. i am still saving for one.

... and the website for Benson Imports would be?
It sounds cool, I'd like to check it out.

-T.J.

T

Tikipug thanks for the Info.

Thanks for the link. I could have sworn that I tried that before and got nothing. Maybe I forgot the "s" in the middle.

-T.J.

8T

I just ordered one of these Moai heads.
When it arrives I will post a full report.

If YOU have ordered from Bensons before, what do you have to say about their service, products and delivery time? Thanks

Pages: 1 12 replies