Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

ashamed to admit this

Pages: 1 9 replies

Last night I decided to make myself a pina colada with dinner. As I was sitting on the couch with the wife I took a sip of my libation and thought "gee, this doesn't taste so great." I forgot to add pineapple juice!! DOHH!! Has anyone else ever committed such a blantant tropical drink faux paus?

[ Edited by: tiki-riviera on 2004-05-15 08:46 ]

I

It sounds almost like a virgin pina colada, except you left out the pineapple juice instead of the liquor.

So if a virgin pina colada has no liquor, what is the opposite drink that you made? A slut colada?

Vern

I think it maybe worse

[ Edited by: donhonyc 2016-02-20 22:18 ]

K
Klas posted on Sun, May 16, 2004 5:27 AM

I've managed to mix a "Pieces Of Eight" with the double amount of fresh lemon juice and it's already quite sour in its original form :D

T H E - S U R F I T E S

[ Edited by: Klas on 2004-05-16 05:28 ]

DZ

I was mixing WeirdUncleTiki an 'emergency Mai Tai' (Trader Vic's Mai Tai mix, with some extra lime and Meyers's, rather than all the proper ingredients), and I accidentally got the bottles switched. I ended up giving him a drink that was basically straight Dark Rum, with a little extra Mai Tai mix... and he drank it with no complaint!!

Yow! - Talk about dedication to the bartender!

Dr. Z - Around here we call that drink "Shipwreck's Mistake".

D

I would call a pina colada without the pineapple juice a "Nada Colada".

How about a double Pain killer with Orgeat instead of coconut? It reminded me of something called...hmmmm SHIT!! I couldn't even choke it down, trust me I tried, it was the last of my Pusser's on hand. So I settled for a Chief Lapu lapu, with all the right stuff. 1oz Orgeat 2oz of light and dark orgeat and a nice splash of orgeat shaken and poured into a nice tiki vessel. MMMMM almond

[ Edited by: Mano Tiki Tia on 2004-05-20 23:46 ]

One night we were too lazy to mix actual drinks, so we decided to just do V8 splash with rum. It would have been good except for the fact that I accidently purchased the DIET V8 splash. Tasted like watered down rum.

Whats the address of that 7-11??

Pages: 1 9 replies