Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

C & H Sugar Packets

Pages: 1 6 replies

Alooooooooooooha!

Anyone seen the pictures on the back of the C&H sugar packets? There's a surfer, Palm tree, etc.....and this Hawaiian Tiki...not exactly a collectible (well, maybe!), but I guess you can consider it a "tiki sighting".
SugarCaddyDaddy

DZ

Hey, you find 'em where you find 'em, and a sugar packet is as good a "sighting" as any! Besides: free tikis? Yessss! I went to Islands Restaurant (nice decor, BIG 5-6 ft tiki by the door...) a few months back and discovered these C&H packets. After a few drinks, I went around and started collecting one of each design from all the tables ('Collect the whole set!'-- I've got 7 different designs) and stuck 'em in my jacket pocket, where, unfortunately, they've been ever since... (I can't quite figure out the best way to display them).

I haven't tried it, but I also hear that Islands will let you take their menu home (if you ask nicely)!

Doctor Z
Mix-maestro of the Castaway Lounge,
Redondo Beach, CA

[ Edited by: Doctor Z on 2002-08-26 10:38 ]

T

I was able to get my "collection" at Starbucks.

TikiRob

TikiRob - Thanks...I'll make my way to the nearest Starbucks myself, in hopes of finding a couple.

I find it ironic that "SugarCandyDaddy" finds the sugar packets first...any cosmic reason for this?

Thanks! :wink:

I find it ironic that "SugarCandyDaddy" finds the sugar packets first...any cosmic reason for this?

HA!
Yeah, I thought it was kind of funny too, but I think Doctor Z found them before me. I was just the first to take a picture of one.
SugarpacketCaddyDaddy

Yup, Got the whole set. I think I picked them up at a coffee shop.

coolest sugar around man!

Pages: 1 6 replies