Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Uga Booga! at Tiki-Ti

Pages: 1 14 replies

I went Tiki-Ti last Saturday, and had my first Uga Booga. WOW!!! :o That is one helluva drink.

Does anyone out there in Tikiland know what goes in to it (besides a LOT of Myers)?

I would love to go there every chance I have a hankering for one, but it is over 100 miles away. I would at least like to try to replicate it at home to pacify myself until I can get back there. My tastes aren't refined enough to figure it out on my own.

-T.J.

M

Most of those recipes are top secret, but if you haven't already, you should definitely take the time to make their Puka Punch from Intoxica!

Yeah, I know they are secret but I was hoping that someone here either goti it out of Mike or they figured it out on their own.
BTW, I will be making the Puka Punch tonight!

-T.J.

M

THey may not tell you whats in it, but the bar is so small, you can literally watch what they put in each drink.

M

But a lot of their bottles are unmarked, so there is still some guessing required.

I suppose if one were to sit there long enough watching and asking what each bottle was, you could figure it out.... but by that point I'd probably forget where I parked my car, much less remember what all the bottles were.

-T.J.

Unga Bunga needa Uga Booga!

P

Not a bad drink, the Uga Booga. I can't quite place all the flavors in there. The Myers's certainly dominates both the flavor and the color, but I detect a hint of cherry something in there and other stuff. I usually only have two drinks when I go to Tiki-Ti, usually a Ray's Mistake and soomething I haven't tried before. At that rate it may be a while until I get around to an Uga Booga again.

Anyone else out there have an idea what goes in to an Uga Booga?

I am still dying for one, but I'm not up to driving 120 miles tonight to get one.

-T.J.

[ Edited by: Tonnikan Jinn on 2004-08-27 07:04 ]

I'm still dreaming about having an Uga Booga at home. Since there has been a bunch of other Tiki Ti talk here lately... HELP!!!

-T.J.

Bump... since the Ti is in recent discussion.

Still looking for some more insight on this fabulous drink. I plan of going on 12/28, so maybe I'll get some more ideas on this drink as well as the Rays Mistake.

-T.J.

P

You're pathetic.
All entranced over some delicious, chilled, flavorful, tropical...uhhhh...

...what was I saying?

J
Jawa posted on Fri, Dec 23, 2005 1:27 PM

I remember the Ti, it was only a few months ago...

Out of the 8 drinks went through while we were there, I only remember my cousin having a Blood and Sand, my wife having an Uga Booga, and someone had a Missionary's Downfall...
mmmmmm, I can't wait to get home from work tonight...

J

Hey Jawa - I was there in Oct. Had the Mistake, Uga Booga, and a Zombie. And I would LOVE to at least know how to throw together the Uga Booga. If I knew how to make the Mistake I'd end up an instant alchoholic!

Man I miss the Ti...

D

Yes, many of their bottles are unmarked. There seems to be a standard base mix that goes into a lot of the drinks. I can only speculate as to what it is...lime and pinapple juice, guava/pineapple/sweetNsour? who knows. Crack that enigma and you should be pretty well on your way to figuring some of the drinks out.

I know the Tiki Ti recipes are secret and many would like to see them stay that way. There is something about the mystery that makes them taste just a little bit better.....mmm my mind is wondering (drool).....

[ Edited by: Digitiki 2006-01-05 11:41 ]

Pages: 1 14 replies