Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

This bedspread causes tiki dreams!

Pages: 1 4 replies

8T

Mrs. 8FT found this great new barkcloth fabric and we decided to buy several yards.
In order to help tikify our bedroom we have added it to a plain Vanilla colored Queen size bedspread we had. The "tiki" heads are sorta simplistic but very likeable.
I also like the 3 spiral shapes in the black rectangles because they are the same basic shape as was used numerous times in the creation of our big friend 8FT tiki which was carved by Oceanic Arts for the Kona-Kai in the early "70's.

closeup of fabric:

Now this is the weird part. We have only had this on our bed for about a week and now both Mrs. 8FT and myself have had a tiki themed dream while sleeping under it. My dream was just about a thrift store I went into and found a ton of tiki stuff. Mugs carvings etc. etc. etc. I needed a cart to gather it all.
Mrs 8FT dreamed she had wandered by a nearly closed down shopping mall that had some dilapidated tiki stylings. When venturing inside she found the decor was heavy with tiki mosaics, lots of carvings, Hawaiian decoration and tiki masks.
Well they're just dreams but seemed better than the stupid kind about work or riding the bus or something. Perhaps they were not dreams but premonitions.......Try getting a new tiki bedspread or quilt.
Sweet "tiki" dreams everyone!

B

Well that Is strange. Tiki bedspread = tiki dreams. You should try it on someone elses bed to see what other dreams may come out.
I love the fabric by the way

And where forth did you find said fabric? Do tell!

-Z

8T

We got the fabric for this spread at Hancock fabrics. I believe it was $ 8.99 a yard. They often have coupons in fliers or even on their website.
I also dreamed that our Hale Tiki, Gecko Exotica and Shag Wahaku Warrior mugs had all finally arrived. Wait a minute....That really did happen!

Pages: 1 4 replies