Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Who is going to the Hale Tiki Grand Opening?

Pages: 1 12 replies

T

On 2004-05-17 19:12, Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens wrote:
By the way. I hope that many of you come up for this event this weekend. It will be a blast.

Brad,

Looking forward to being there and I will not start a "constructive criticism" thread afterwards. I promise.

TB

S

I'll be there and Pablus will be there, with guests.

I'll be there Saturday.

And I will be sitting for hours at the Baccalaureate Service for our graduating seniors (where my attendance is REQUIRED), uncomfortably shifting in my hot, non-breathable cap and gown, being just-ever-so the model teacher for my students...

...and wishing like Hell I were in Augusta, Georgia (never thought I'd say THOSE words together), filling my beautiful cobalt blue Hale Tiki mug, in his proper environment, with numerous thirst-quenching libations poured by the handsome bartender/owner Brad, admiring the handiwork of Bamboo Ben, Crazy Al and especially Basement Kahuna (among others. I consider these y'all's collective Sistene Chapel.)

sigh

I will toast in your honor, gentlemen!

The girlfriend and I are tentatively planning (depends on time and transport issues) to drive over there from our vacation in Charleston for awhile Friday night. If you see a guy in a red tiki mug pattern shirt taking way too many pictures of the decor, thats probably me.

J
JTD posted on Thu, May 20, 2004 6:49 AM

Number 1 son and I will be there Saturday.

-JTD

I'll be there Saturday night. Can't wait to see everyone!

T

On 2004-05-19 23:18, tikijackalope wrote:
The girlfriend and I are tentatively planning (depends on time and transport issues) to drive over there from our vacation in Charleston for awhile Friday night. If you see a guy in a red tiki mug pattern shirt taking way too many pictures of the decor, thats probably me.

Tikijackalope,

I live in Charleston. Where are you staying? Doing anything interesting while in town? Sorry, there is not more to do tiki-wise in Charleston.

tb

CA

i need to be back in LA by Sunday morning... any one i can hitch a ride with and get me back by then...

live it up you guys and take many pics!!!

P

I'm looking forward to these 2 nights like a trip to the islands.

I saw some of the napkins, swizzle sticks and other wonderful items from the Hale Tiki and it looks to be a first class experience.

I hear you've even got Pimento.

Your puny drink menu will be vanquished with haste. The Concubine looks particularly inviting. I haven't had one since BK worked me out at the Kon Tiki Paradis Room.

I've got my little koa beauty with me.
Get ready to sing.

Who all will be there Friday?

S

Pablus and I and friends will be there Friday.

Susan and I are headed down on Saturday. Gonna try to get into town early enough to crawl all over it for hours and hours. Can't wait to see/meet everybody! Gonna do our best to raise the Drink Sales Meter as high as it will go!

Pages: 1 12 replies