Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

ebay: Look at all these mugs!

Pages: 1 14 replies

Just cleaning up and making some room. Everything is NR. http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=atomicchick&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

[Edited by hanford to add ebay to the title]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-05-26 21:00 ]

What's the story on the "Teddy Bear Cocktail" mug? I saw one recently at a thrift store, but didn't know what to make of it. Does it fall into the "Tanuki" catagory?

-Z

Thanks Atomicchick!
Good luck with your auction!

I've been trying to find an outrigger mug for SO long, maybe I'll win yours this time!

M

How can you say "No Reserve" but start the bidding at 20 bucks. Jeeeze

Because that is what I paid for it. If you see, it doesn't say free, it says no reserve. Don't get all bent, if you can't afford it, don't bid. I just put it out there for people who are looking for mugs.

M

On 2004-05-19 20:32, Feelin' Zombified wrote:
What's the story on the "Teddy Bear Cocktail" mug? I saw one recently at a thrift store, but didn't know what to make of it. Does it fall into the "Tanuki" catagory?

-Z

It's spelled "Tiedy Bear" on the front, and I have always wondered myself. I've got a pair- where the hell are these things from?

M

Atomicchick,

Thanks for the post & opportunity to purchase your mugs. I've been looking for that "Hawaiian Inn Tiki Mug" mug ever since I saw it in "TikiQuest". Already placed my bid.

Mahalo

It's spelled "Tiedy Bear" on the front, and I have always wondered myself. I've got a pair- where the hell are these things from?

Hey Martiki,
I know without a doubt that the "Tiedy Bear Cocktail" mugs were sold at Love's Restaurants in So California. My wife remembers them from the mid-seventies. The Love's she used to frequent with her family sold them with or without the cocktail - in fact, she says she remembers there being one at the cashier's station filled with lollipops for the kiddies! She still has one that a family member got there and she somehow ended up with. A while back we discovered that Tiedy, pronounced "Teddy" referred to the brand of alcohol used to make the Tiedy Bear Cocktail. Hope that sheds some light on the subject...

[ Edited by: TikiTimbo on 2004-05-20 11:49 ]

L
laney posted on Thu, May 20, 2004 3:57 PM

O O I like the mugs but LOVE the EC purses. I also collect EC purses (mainly the box purses) Are you selling your whole collection or keeping some? I am looking for "Money to burn","Glamour Puss","Sea Garden" , the Island with the Palm Trees, and any other sea themed also. I find I use my Capricon EC box purse the most. You'll make a pretty penny on the kitty ones and that pineapple beauty!

M

On 2004-05-20 11:48, TikiTimbo wrote:

Hey Martiki,
I know without a doubt that the "Tiedy Bear Cocktail" mugs were sold at Love's Restaurants in So California. My wife remembers them from the mid-seventies. The Love's she used to frequent with her family sold them with or without the cocktail - in fact, she says she remembers there being one at the cashier's station filled with lollipops for the kiddies! She still has one that a family member got there and she somehow ended up with. A while back we discovered that Tiedy, pronounced "Teddy" referred to the brand of alcohol used to make the Tiedy Bear Cocktail. Hope that sheds some light on the subject...

[ Edited by: TikiTimbo on 2004-05-20 11:49 ]

Thanks for the tips!

Thanks for the history!

E

I like the Enid Collins purses and bought a few of them in 1999 and still love them. ALWAYS get comments on them when I wear them out.

I own Pavan (the black version...it's incredible), the Owl & The Pussycat, Nightowl, Les Fleurs (Spring box purse) and Posies. Les Fleurs is pretty small, whereas with Pavan you could use it as a weapon if needed, it's so large. Mine are all the wooden box bags, not the flexible ones.

PAVAN:

LES FLEURS:

D

I have been watching that Enid C Pineapple burlap bag, it's killing me I want it sooo bad! I like the wooden box purses but the bucket burlap purses are "way to old lady" not to love! I have a Roadrunner, Sea garden and Cock O'The Walk, all in burlap. Love 'em!

I have tons of Enid Collins purses! These purses I have posted are just great. I really didn't want to get rid of them, but I have literally ran out of room. I buy up, keep them for a few years, then sell. Then start all over again. I have a great paper mache Enid Collins wood purse with a Pineapple on the top, a watermelon slice in the front, orange slices on each side, and a lemon slice on the back. It is a great summer purse. I was going to sell it too but I just couldn't part with it...one of the ones I just couldn't part with. :)

I'm watching a few of these myself. Great Enid Collins bags - I love them so!

Pages: 1 14 replies