Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Aloha Beach Festival-June 19-20

Pages: 1 9 replies

Hey friends of the 805......some fun here in the North of L.A. area, Ventura County. Fog or no fog.....sounds like fun. The Phantom Riders are a good surf band. Check it out.....

http://www.alohabeachfestival.com

[ Edited by: bongofury on 2004-05-19 22:17 ]

hey bongofury! Thanks for the lowdown...I might just peddle my wares there! Whereabouts in the 805 are you?I'm in Moorpark myself!

Hey, I've been meaning to post this. I'm decking out the Luau stage with my 8 footers, and making a 25 foot tall bamboo entry way for the event. THere's an estimated 10,000 people going to be there with as much Aloha as you can handle. The guy Chipper who's putting it on is a great guy, who is filled with more Aloha than you can imagine. He's a world frisbee champion, but more importantly, he's doing a very authentic Aloha festival. He made sure to get all the right people involved with planning. There's going to be a wacky surf contest that I may be debuting the "tiki", a move I've been trying to perfect since last summer. There is also going to be a benefit raffle for "Aloha Surf Safety Alliance" of one of my 6 foot tikis. Your only chance to get a $5 6 footer! The Alliance is a group that I'm donating my time for that's trying to make the ocean a safer place to be, like anti-locals-only crap, and instruction for beginners. You'll be able to buy tickets at their booth, and probably mine. Adrift clothing will be representing there too! Chikitiki might be vending as well! Can't wait for the Luau. Nat Young might be giving a talk, the real Gidget will probably be there, sporting her authentic Tiki tOny drift wood necklace. It's gonna be awesome.

We'll be there Sunday......

K

This is for a very worthy cause = being from the islands. We will be there both days and look forward to all the events. Thanks for posting this event.

Just sent my check to reserve a booth space! Can't wait!

K
k'eli posted on Tue, Jun 1, 2004 3:52 PM

Do you know if dogs are allowed at this event (outside of the participants in the K9 event?)

T

Not exactly sure, but I imagine so since there's gonna be lots o k-9's running around. You could contact Chipper who runs the event to find out for sure: http://www.surfclass.com and his phone number should be there somewhere.

hey tiki tony, the person who I thought was going to have a booth at Aloha Fest is actually going to be at the "board culture" fest in July......I was going to get my own booth for the Aloha Fest but saw that I needed my seller's permit to get one and I didn't have one yet! Well, now I do and was going to share a booth with "Ventura Life and Style" magazine but they're not going to be at it! Dammit! Would you want to split the cost and share a space? I know I'm asking a lot so don't feel bad if you want to keep the space for yourself! It's just that to reserve a space now is $300 instead of the $200 it was before June 1st. If yes, great! If not, no prob!

Wont be making this one, hope everyone has fun.

Pages: 1 9 replies