Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Some Nautical & Tropical decor/gear from Major Surplus

Pages: 1 1 replies

Major Surplus & Survival in Gardena, Ca. has lots of Army blankets & BDUs, but they also have Nautical decor for your bar & Tropical gear for yourself:

U.S. Navy Diving Helmet Mark V
"A highly detaild replica of the navy hard hat diving helmet, used long before today’s sophisticated S.E.A.L. Team gear. All the fittings, screens, valves and trim are finely depicted including a copy of the original oval plaque from Morse Diving Equipment Co. of Boston, MA. with a stamped date of 8-17-44. Made of polished copper and solid brass that’s been lacquered for a permanent shine. This exquisite piece will make a fine addition to your home or office decor. Measures 17”T x 14”W. Weighs 20 lbs."

U.S.N. Brass Ship's Bell
"This beautiful ships bell is a faithful antique reproduction of those used on old time Navy vessels. Comes in polished solid Brass with a Brass ringer that produces a loud and clear tone. The heavy ringer has a braided handle; an example of mariners knotting techniques developed when sailors looked for ways to pass the long hours at sea by creating decorative and functional types of woven knots. USN letters are engraved on the front of the bell and it comes complete with Brass mounting screws. Measures 6¼"D x 7"T. Weighs 4.25 lbs."

Set Of Fishing Net Floats
Available tied together in a set of 25, or separately in an untied set of 10.

Chinese Style Glass Fishing Float

U.S. military fish nets, available in 10' x 10' or 10' x 20' sizes

Manila Rope From Manila
"Rope that is manufactured from the leaf fibers of the Phillipine Abacca plant which is the strongest of natural fibers resulting in hard wearing, low stretch, general purpose rope. Manila is superior to Sisal rope in its resistance to weathering, fungal attack and moisture which makes this rope suitable for marine applications. Being low stretch, our manila rope works for many general industrial applications particularly suited to lifting. Also great for slings, driving ropes, block fall ropes, safety nets, cargo nets, rope ladders, guy ropes and capstan ropes. We're offering a 300 foot coil of ¾" standard lay manila rope at an incredible savings. Rope is New Unissued."

Men's Cotton Hawaiian Shirts (New, M-2XL)
Made in Honolulu, Hi.

And various cool Pith Helmets:

Plus brass lanterns, brass & boxed compasses, rope & twine for rope binding, knot tying instruction playing cards, pocket flasks, replica Scrimshaw whale's teeth...

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S.

[ Edited by: freddiefreelance on 2004-05-22 11:57 ]

this is along the same lines as freddiefreelance's post, except that this place is all salvaged and antique pieces. I have no idea how much anything is, but judging by the pictures their antiques are not "polishied" antiques and could actually be affordable.
I encourage you to sit through the slide show of images from their shop - I'll bet there's at least one tiki in there somewhere!
It's located in Miami FL and next time I'm in the area (which is...like...never...) I'm going!
Check it out for yourself at:
http://www.stoneage-antiques.com/index.html

anyone know of anyother cool on-line place for nautical antiques (or replicas)/ bric-a-brac?

Pages: 1 1 replies