Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

I can't believe it's real

Pages: 1 3 replies

P

I dreamed something this weekend.

It was a tiki bar.
There were people dressed in Hawai'ian/Island-style clothing.

There were drinks that were sweet and sour and delicately balanced - served with colorful and tasty garnish.

Everyone seemed to be smiling and I remember playing the ukulele for a while and singing The Hukilau Song over and over.

And the decor was...timeless. Perfect. Raw and refined at once. Tikis were everywhere. The layers of grasses and bamboos and tapa cloth were lit softly, framing the masks and weapons and art of the South Seas.

There was this one particular Tiki that seemed to be smiling with hands folded across his belly. He was the main focus there. On paintings - carved into large pieces of wood and poles....

...on my drink mug, the napkins, the swizzle sticks.

The combined talents on this board have created something so dream-like that I'm having trouble believing it's real.

Hale Tiki is a masterpiece, Brad.
Treasure it.

See you in a few weeks.

I'm guessing you will be having this reaccuring dream agian soon. Can't wait for you to visit us again. You are a hoot.

Julee

Pablus,

I'm sorry I missed your ukelele prowess on Friday, though it was good to meet you, however breifly on saturday. You are right on, in that Hale Tiki borders on the unreal, or surreal in a dreamy sort of way. Reality bites in that I know it will be a while before I make it back. Maybe in a rum-soaked dream.

Julee,

It was a pleasure meeting you also. Your graphics are a true complement to the overall scheme of Hale Tiki. I stole one of your drink menus, and have it hanging in my office.

Pablus wrote:

The combined talents on this board have created something so dream-like that I'm having trouble believing it's real.

T'was real and you were really there, as this pic from our scrapbook attests. L-R: Pablus, Basement Kahuna...and is that Ona Koka?:

[ Edited by: tikijackalope on 2004-06-09 05:32 ]

Pages: 1 3 replies