Pages: 1 7 replies

O
Otto posted on Mon, May 24, 2004 1:32 PM

Otto Forbidden Island
this Saturday, May 29, 2004
9 pm - 2 am

Sponsored by Voodoo Rum and Redrum
hailing from Nor Cal
C'mon, how many liqour companies are based in Nor Cal? How many of those are rum? How many of those use a Tiki on their bottle?

Voodoo spiced rum is better than Capt Morgan so if you don't like the yummy drink that Mano concocted for the Conga then order a Voodoo and Coke or Voodoo on the rocks!

ALSO the hula dancing of
Wigglin Wahines

Tonight's guest DJ
Patrick from SF Amoeba (Tiki Central's own sillisculpt)

You could win two nights at the tropics hotel in palm springs
for only .50 cents
a $450 value*

Every Tiki night features Tiki TV videos, snacks, 50 cent raffle every hour

end of night Last Call Happy Hour 12:30 - 1:30 all drinks half price

admission free

climb a flight of stairs and find yourself in another world atop
College Avenue in Rockridge
THE CONGA LOUNGE! - Upstairs at 5422 College Ave.
Rockridge District, Oakland (510)463-2681
http://www.congalounge.com/

co-sponsored by Caliente tropics, Palm Springs - the only Tiki Hotel
that matters!
http://www.calientetropics.com

*two free nights Sun-Thurs plus half price for weekend nights!

[ Edited by: martiki on 2004-05-26 11:38 ]

I love Redrum! Not only is it tasty, it's 70 proof! I have noticed that many flavored rums are only about 40 proof.

Floratina sounds like a lush...just joking. Hey Otto, what kind of "snacks" is Mano serving...I like those little green peas. Will there be goldfish, I mean the crackers.

maybe little dried wasabi peas. what ever is in those large bags of Japanese rice snack crackers. i seem to recall though a rum haze there are even almonds and peanuts. but sadly, i don't remember goldfish, live or the snack crackers. how tiki or exotic is peppridge farms? i would like a product like animal crackers, but instead of animals, different tikis.
what does this matter. will you even be able to make it up here to the bay area you tiki slum lord.

I was going to buy a bottle of Voodoo rum at the Red Rum website, and apparently they have just been hacked(Warning, explicit language).
http://www.redrum.com/

Hey Otto, what kind of "snacks" is Mano serving.

Our fabulous house-made Guacamole, lomi lomi salmon, shrimp and artichoke dip, flamin' chicken wings and more...
Also our special drink for the occasion :
"Voodoo Island" with VooDoo rum, Redrum, guava and mango nectar, lime juice and pineapple juice...sooooo good!!

oh yes, i did not mention the other great dishes available. yum yum

Damn Mano! That sounds good. Can you send some of those tasties down to LA for me. ARTICHOKE DIP!!!!???!?!??!! I think if I was stranded on a deserted island with just one thing, I would choose a big vat of artichoke dip, and some guacomole. That's two things...anyway. And to you Mr. DJ, did you call me a Tiki SLUM Lord or a Tiki SCUM Lord...there is a difference. I will not be able to make the show but I will be there in spirit. I will be there in spirit and you will be imbibing spirits, weird huh?

Pages: 1 7 replies