Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: SHAG 4 Piece TIKI SHOT GLASS SET

Pages: 1 16 replies

D
Danno posted on Mon, May 24, 2004 9:05 PM

Uh . . . I second that.

don't see a bidding war anytime soon!

B

Definately not something i'd blow that much $$$ on, but someone took the Nestea plunge on one of these a few months back...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=3708298309&?ssPageName=ADME:B:TB2:US:12&from=R18

($699.99? As my grandmother would say, "That's a lot of bubblegum.")

M

OMG. That is truly laughable... $699.99!

I kinda get the idea the people bidding on these aren't registered TC'ers.

Quick, somebody put one of those ugly plastic mugs from Party City on eBay and claim it's a really rare Shag. We'll draw a cute little box for it and say it's the only 1 in the world. Someone's gotta buy it.

P.S. How annoyed are about the fact that most descriptions of tiki mugs on ebay contain the word "Shag" - even when they have nothing to do with him?

i.e. "Vintage Don the Beachcomber Mug, no chips, no cracks, slight crazing, shag, shag, shag, shag, shag, shag, shag, shag, shag, shag, shag, shag, shag, shag, shag, shag, shag, shag, shag, shag, shag, shag, shag, shag, retro, NR"..

Reminds me a little of: SPAM, SPAm, SPam, Spam, shaG, shAG, sHAG, SHAG...

P.P.S. HYPOCITE ALERT: I do admit to owning a few Shag mugs that I love, but if I can't buy it from Holden the first time around... Forget about it - it wasn't meant to be.

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2004-05-25 11:19 ]

Perhaps Shag should defy the nay-sayers by coming out with something that's worth owning AND unlimited. It seems anything unlimited is rather tacky gee-gaws and anything that people actually want is grabbed up within 2 seconds then sold on or kept in its wrapping forever more.

Surely an accessable range of mugs available via Tiki Farm would be beneficial to Shag, Tiki Farm, as well as people who want to put Shag designs into general bar use.

Trader Woody

K
Kono posted on Tue, May 25, 2004 7:28 PM

On 2004-05-25 15:39, Trader Woody wrote:
Perhaps Shag should defy the nay-sayers by coming out with something that's worth owning AND unlimited. It seems anything unlimited is rather tacky gee-gaws and anything that people actually want is grabbed up within 2 seconds then sold on or kept in its wrapping forever more.

Bed, Bath and Beyond has Shag beach towels. Yup, that's what the sign said: "Shag Beach Towel." Like the general public knows what "Shag" means. Maybe they do? Not a mug but here's what it looks like anyway (ebay auction).

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:22 ]

B

Surely an accessable range of mugs available via Tiki Farm would be beneficial to Shag, Tiki Farm, as well as people who want to put Shag designs into general bar use.

I agree - good thought TW...

Weren't those shot glasses originally sold for $100? $100 is still high for shot glasses, even shag shot glasses but $699????

K
kha_o posted on Wed, May 26, 2004 2:36 AM

$699.99? As my grandmother would say, "That's a lot of bubblegum."

I agree with your grandmother...

Now it's only for a dollar?

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-05-27 02:07 ]

B

"The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing."

Someone offered him/her a reasonable price?

M

They're baaaaaaaaack. This time the "buy it now" price went down to $425.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3733392076&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2004-07-07 08:32 ]

F
foamy posted on Wed, Jul 7, 2004 12:18 PM

Buy it now $425, starting bid $399. Ya really gotta want 'em to go that route. I'd rather have a print.

DZ

Why do all sellers on eBay insist on using "Josh Agle" in their SHAG descriptions? OK, so that's his real name - so what? Maybe it's to lure in all those desperate folks with the term "Josh Agle" in their eBay searches? Or to separate 'SHAG: the artist' auctions from, say 'SHAG: the oral hygenist' auctions? Or maybe it's an "I'm cooler than you 'cause I know his real name"-type thing...

I dunno - maybe it's just me, but it bugs me almost as much as the prices...

M

Geeeeez. This guy is still trying to unload those damn Shag shot glasses.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20148&item=3754634684&rd=1

This time he's down to $399.99 with no "buy it now" option?!

Pages: 1 16 replies