Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

its been done B4 but - Tiki Bob MUG Question

Pages: 1 9 replies

What is a fair asking or better yet selling price? I've seen em from $30 to $130 for 4 total mugs. But what would you pay up to for a no chip or cracked San Fran version. I've seen various posts that its rare but yet they are on Ebay pretty much every week. I don't want to start a fight just wondering the feelings for a mug that has so much history surrounding it. I did do a search in previous postings but never really saw a price for one.

about $60-70 on ebay , with no chips, cracks, regular crazing. Seems there are lot's out there (on the west coast!) but also plenty of bidders. It is a very unique design. I'm still looking for one myself.

I've never seen one out in the wild, but after being constantly outbid on ebay, I finally won an auction for a generic version. It's just marked Parker on the bottom, and I only paid $9.99 plus shipping.
I'd probably pay $50 for a perfect San Fran Bob, if I actually had any money.

Yeah, I keep losing on e-bay too. That's why I decided to have the ever-so-talented Mcdougall to carve a Tiki Bob for me, a bit bigger than the mug. That way I have something that doesn't break, and will last a lifetime. Much props on Mcdougall's work, I just met him and picked up my bad-ass rarotongan full body pendant the other day, and it looks awsome. Thanks again Tim, and I look forward to getting my Bob.

P

I'm probably kicking a hornets' nest here, but here goes...

Is there anyone out there making a reproduction of Tiki Bob? I like the design, but don't need to pay the $$$ that the real thing goes for.

I e-mailed Holden at TikI Farm and asked the same question about doing repros of Tiki Bob, Steve Crane, Mainlander mug, etc...He told me that unless he can contact existing entities giving permission to use the design, he stays away. I would love if someone could make repros of these designs because not everyone has the $ to spend on expensive, vintage mugs.

On 2004-05-26 08:00, Philot wrote:

Is there anyone out there making a reproduction of Tiki Bob? I like the design, but don't need to pay the $$$ that the real thing goes for.

I'll be right behind you in the line for that one! That 'Tipsy Bob' version by Bosko sold out faster than you could blink.

Trader Woody

WOW thanks for the quick response on this one. Sounds about right in the $50 range plus shipping. And the bonus info about possible reproductions. Thanks. I'll keep an eye on these forums and let you know if I come back with anything cool from the east coast. I'd like to post my company logo for approval but not exactly sure how to do it. It has a Tiki by Randy from Lost-isle in it and looks pretty cool! - We'll see.. thanks again.

B

I guess I don't have an excuse not to anymore...I have to find those 2 or 3 pcs. I have from TB's, still in the original boxes, never used. I think one of them was a bowl, we had 2 available...I remember one of them was some incredibly ugly mug...I not sure, I'll dig them out...most of our mugs and drinkware were bought from a distributor...Takahashi and Co., in S.F, I think they're still around in one incarnation or another...hey, they may have some old stock, you never know.

B

I guess I don't have an excuse not to anymore...I have to find those 2 or 3 pcs. I have from TB's, still in the original boxes, never used. I think one of them was a bowl, we had 2 available...I remember one of them was some incredibly ugly mug...I not sure, I'll dig them out...most of our mugs and drinkware were bought from a distributor...Takahashi and Co., in S.F, I think they're still around in one incarnation or another...hey, they may have some old stock, you never know.

Pages: 1 9 replies