Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Bosko's place in Vegas

Pages: 1 11 replies

The wife and I are going to Vegas in July and I've been looking online at the Tiki Room in the Venus Lounge at the Venetian. I guess it was created by Bosko, which I did not know until now. I'm sure this is old news to you guys, but I'm pretty new to all this!

Anyway, is this a cool place? or is it just a dance club in disguise? and is it worth the cost ($20 cover)?

Are there any other must see tiki places in Vegas? This is our first time there, so I'm not sure if there is any of this there, but I figured anything outside of the Midwest had to have more than we have here!!

Any member reviews of the Hawaiian market yet? Thanks much.

Welcome to Tiki Central FinkDaddy. You can do a search in the "Locating Tiki" Forum to find more info on Taboo Cove.

Taboo Cove. Thanks, I'll do that!

I can't find diddly with the "search" button. You'll have to scroll down the "Locating Tiki" forum till you find it. I typed in venetian, taboo cove, las vegas.....nothing. Good luck

I found a few member reviews in a general search, and a good majority of them were not favorable. Is there a sencond bar by Bosko called The Tiki Paradise or something? or am I just missunderstanding the threads?

Don't let the bad reviews keep you from going. Go for yourself, keep an open mind and have fun.

A

If you go early, you will avoid the cover. Some TCers have been denied admission for wearing "Improper footwear", so they may have a dress code thing going on, call and ask them. The interior is fantastic, the drinks suck and the hip hop is too loud. Worth a look IMO.
Mahalo,
Al

T

On 2004-05-26 07:38, finkdaddy wrote:
Is there a sencond bar by Bosko called The Tiki Paradise or something?

I believe that is Bosko's actual workspace?

D

here is a link to a whole lotta links :)

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=4917&forum=7&vpost=45446
or

http://www.tikicentral.com/search.php

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-05-26 08:41 ]

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 18:18 ]

W

Thanks woofmutt! Wow, those links will be most helpful. We'll be staying at the Emperial Palace, so I will definately check that out. I will absolutely be doing some shopping, so your info is most helpful. And the only slots I'll play will be tiki ones!

And to you, TNTiki, and all the other kind people who clued me in, THANKS! I think I will avoid Taboo Cove in the Venetian, unless we can get there early enough to avoid the cover.

Pages: 1 11 replies