Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Dick Dale at Hollywood Park!!!

Pages: 1 10 replies

Friday night June 18th at Hollywood Park Racetrack. Bet some money on the Ponies and jam out with Dick Dale.

http://www.hollywoodpark.com/visit/fabulous_fridays.html

The Velour's will be there!

It's been awhile since I've been to Hollywood Park.
Im going to hit that trifecta someday!

DZ

$7.00 general admission, $1.00 beers, hot dogs & other stuff; 1st post for the races is at 7:00; Dick Dale goes on at 10:00 in Longshots, their sports bar (no extra charge).

Z-Girl and I will be there, and I told a bunch of folks about it when we were at Mr. Tiki, so we might even get a TC turnout!

Doctor Z
Mix-maestro of the Castaway Lounge,
Redondo Beach, CA

[ Edited by: Doctor Z on 2004-06-16 16:14 ]

DZ

This post was originally buried in the "Tiki Music" forum - this is just a 'bump', now that it's in "Events"...

Utop & i are in for the show.

TMF

I have heard the news, and if my grad plans fail, I will be droping in.....

DZ

Wow - what a show! Dick Dale may be 67 years old, but the guy simply shreds!! Playing guitar, trumpet, drums - you name it, he's the consummate performer. Even the part where he brought his 12 year-old son out to play guitar (which could have been really cheesy) was great because - fortunately - his son can really play as well! Sure, he played "Miserlou" a couple of times, but when you've had a 'signature' song that every surf band worth their chops has had in their repetoire for more than 40 years, you'd play it up too! Thankfully, the concert was outside instead of crammed into the bar, 'cause there's no way all those people would have fit... Incredible showman, incredible show - can't wait to see him again!

Oh yeah, and there were some horse races before hand. I didn't bet, but Johnnie V won on something...

I cant believe Utop & i couldnt win any race, even with one race with 5 horses & one was disqualified. I think Johnny V jinxed our program by touching it. But the show afterwards was great.

You know what sucks, you and me both picked Thunder's Echo by the track, and seperatley we both changed our minds and went with another horse. thunder's Echo came in teh winner and our horse came in dead last. that'll teach us not to overthink these things.

Oh Ya , Thunder's Echo the long shot and I picked him to place and he wins. Always go with your 1st instinct.

DON'T TOUCH MY PROGRAM!

TC nights at the track. Very interesting idea...

Pages: 1 10 replies