Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Going to the Philippines anyone want Tiki masks?

Pages: 1 28 replies

R

I am leaving in 2 weeks to spend 4 months in the Philippines and will be back up in Banaue to have some carvings made to bring back with me. A bunch of you had expressed an interest in pre-ordering some pieces for a set price of around $25 each +S&H. I wont want any payments now just a commitment if you are interested so I have an idea of what and how much to bring back. I will have at least 4 different masks made up that I did before and maybe one or two new things. You can e-mail me at [email protected] and put 'TIKI MASKS' in the subject line, if you are interested.

Cheers!

Carl
a.k.a Rattiki

Kahiki Moai

Bone in Nose Cannibal Tiki

Savage Tiki

Big eye Tiki

P.S. I didn't know if this should be in the collecting tiki area or not, so move it if you see fit.

hey rattiki,

put me down for one Kahiki Moai!!! thanks supa-much for the offer! or as they would say there, maraming salamat!!!

i email'd ya

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-05-27 11:02 ]

I like the Bone in Nose Cannibal Tiki & moai! I'll email ya.

Tbird.

[ Edited by: tiki bird on 2004-06-02 12:47 ]

I can attest to the coolness of the Moai version. I have one and it looks fabulous. I love the angular modernism - it fits the moai design perfectly.

Ditto on the Moai.
Put me on the list please.

I emailed you Rattiki. I want a Kahiki Moai, and the cannibal with the bone in the nose. Thanks again for giving others the opportunity(sp?) to get these awsome masks!

R

OK guys I have you all down. Anybody else?

TD

Thanks Rattiki. Just sent you an email.

Me! Please a bone in nose one! I sent an email your way. Thanks!! :)

S
SES posted on Wed, Jun 2, 2004 8:53 AM

I like the bone in the nose too. Any chance to get a skull carved?

T

Please put me down for a Cannibal mask, kinda sweet considering how my rugby club nickname is CANNIBAL, and appreciate such a great offer.MAHALO!

T

Please put me down for a Cannibal mask, kinda sweet considering how my rugby club nickname is CANNIBAL, and appreciate such a great offer.MAHALO!

K

I'm in for a couple too - E-mail sent.

Thanks

K

What a generous and fun offer! I love them all! AM I the only one who loves the big-eyed tiki? Could you bring me back one of each? One for every room! I'll send you an email too. Thanks a bunch and cheers! K

Kalikiana wrote:
...AM I the only one who loves the big-eyed tiki?...

Aloha Kalikiana. No, you are not alone. I reserved one with Rattiki. Actually, that is the only one I picked. I've been waiting for him to obtain more of those since this thread. I think it's the simplicity of it that I like.

On 2004-06-04 00:02, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:

Kalikiana wrote:
...AM I the only one who loves the big-eyed tiki?...

Aloha Kalikiana. No, you are not alone. I reserved one with Rattiki. Actually, that is the only one I picked. I've been waiting for him to obtain more of those since this thread. I think it's the simplicity of it that I like.

Actually, that's my favorite one too! Rattiki, please pick one of those up for me (Big Eyed Tiki) on your next trip to PI. Thanks!

T

Actually I wanted the Big Eye guy also, but if I got more then one the wife might take my Tiki carving ax and use it on me, so I just went with the Cannibal. Oh, and PLEASE, no tell her that I ordered the Cannibal, I have not told her yet.

R

WOW! You guys the response has been great! I have 34 pieces reserved so far (+2 proto types pieces) in total and I doubt I will go over 50 pieces as that will probably fill up (along with some Marilyn Monroe 50's style swimsuits with matching sarongs I am going to have made up) the 3 x 70 pound boxes I plan to bring back with me as additional luggage.

Thanks so much guys (and gals) the return on this will pay for the airfare to bring my Philippina honey-ko stateside if we decide to get married this Dec. :)

Cheers!

Carl

[ Edited by: Rattiki on 2004-06-04 19:03 ]

T

just glad to help.

S
SES posted on Sat, Oct 23, 2004 2:36 AM

Glad you are back! Was just wondering about you and the trip.

Can't wait to see the new pics.

:)

TD

Just received my set of 4 masks and they are great. They look identical to the ones in your photos. My favorite has to be the one that resembles Bart Simpson, way too cool.

Thanks Rattiki you are awesome!

T

Thanks, I got my Moai today. Looks great.

TB

Got my mask 2day as well, thanks for getting them to me so fast.

tbird.

Put me down for a Moai!

got my moai yesterday! totally beautiful! thanks r-t!!!

J

Got my Moai yesterday - fabulous! Thanks for hooking me up!

Rattiki
I got my Moai mask today and love it!
Though I did not receive the $20 bill as shown in the picture. No rush, you have my address.
Thanks for doing this.
Unga

R

On 2004-11-16 12:08, Unga Bunga wrote:
Rattiki
I got my Moai mask today and love it!
Though I did not receive the $20 bill as shown in the picture. No rush, you have my address.
Thanks for doing this.
Unga

You crack me up Unga Bunga! :lol: And I am glad you guys are pleased with the masks :) I have a couple of other goodies I brought back with me and a few masks left as well if any of you are interested. If not I will list them on eBay after Thanksgiving. Check out the Tiki Drum Cup which was inspired by a Leeteg painting. I think they came out pretty cool! :wink: I let Kanaloa have one for $20 and there are only around 8" high (though they are a bitch to carve and take the carver a full day to make) so I'll let any TCer have them at that price. LMK if any of ya are interested or it's off to eBay with them. :o

https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=11865&forum=12&2

[ Edited by: Rattiki on 2004-11-20 02:17 ]

Hi I know I'm a pretty new member here, but just in case you have the room I emailed you with a order.
I really need some good looking Tikis to finish up my lounge! These look great!
Thank-you!
Mel

Pages: 1 28 replies