Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Any Los Angeles, Fresno, Bakersfield BBQ's etc this weekend?

Pages: 1 9 replies

M

Mr Smiley will be visiting So-Cal this weekend and is wondering if anyone he knows is having a BBQ or some event Sat or Sunday or Monday? I know about Tiki Taix AND Ape at the Purple Orchid. If it is a private event, feel free to email before Friday at 2pm. Thanks :)

Have a nice Tiki Day!

[ Edited by: mrsmiley on 2004-06-03 08:53 ]

H

Yay, Mr. Smiley's in town! What, Tiki Taix & APE aren't enough tiki goodness for you???

It's not very tiki, but I've just bought a handheld GPS device and I was planning on exploring the city by looking for geocaches, you're welcome to join me if that's not too geeky for you! In particular, I'm planning a trip to old Chinatown, where I plan on stocking up on HAW FLAKES!

CA

there a BBQ in my pants! (instide joke) get it

we love MR. SMILES!!!

On 2004-05-27 17:07, Humuhumu wrote:
In particular, I'm planning a trip to old Chinatown, where I plan on stocking up on HAW FLAKES!

Man, I haven't had Haw Flakes since I was a kid! Humu, do you mind picking me up a pack?!! I gotta have my flakes...

We're going to House of Tiki on Sunday, then Disneyland Monday. Any great places to go in Costa Mesa? We'll be staying at the Marriott Sunday night.

T

On 2004-05-28 17:26, Biotron2000 wrote:
We're going to House of Tiki on Sunday, then Disneyland Monday. Any great places to go in Costa Mesa? We'll be staying at the Marriott Sunday night.

High Times Liquor for booze, and La Cave for steaks, lounge singers, and more booze. After Disneyland you'll need a drink.

http://aolsvc.digitalcity.com/orangecounty/dining/venue.adp?sbid=100625295

""Bakersfield BBQ's etc this weekend?""

I will be raceing my Bambo BMX cruiser in the Bakersfeild Spring Nationals. I will be in the 46-to -50 class. We will be there for sat. and Sunday, I will be putting up some Tiki hut decore on my 10x10 quick shade. We won't have much drinking,,but we'll have the BBQ.
The Bamboo bike is easy to find because it is the --only Tiki anything in BMX.

In Bakersfield Check out KC's Steakhouse:

KC's Streakhouse
2515 'F' street
Bakerfield, CA 661-322-9910.

The free-form bar and freestanding copper pyramid fireplace should not be missed (Good food too).

Hey Mr. Smiley! Mr. and Mrs. Larry Lava are going to LA too this weekend. We are going to the Tiki Ti Saturday night because we have never been and Disneyland Sunday.

M

had a blast!! Ape was swingin' Saturday night... get it ?!? SWINGING, like a monkey!!! Dang-you folks are hard to please when you aren't drinking!!!! Went to the Burlesque museum in Helendale , Exotic World. This weekend June 5&6 they are having their Miss Exotic World Pageant where dancers from all over (and the past) will be performing.

[ Edited by: mrsmiley on 2004-06-03 08:58 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies