Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Mainstream Mark Thomas

Pages: 1 7 replies

I saw this shirt at the guess store at lunch time:

An Old Navy just opened up here, it's FULL of hawaiian print this and "Tiki Time" on every pre-teen shirt that. Kind of makes me feel a little queezy.

On 2004-05-28 13:45, Tikiwahine wrote:
Kind of makes me feel a little queezy.

Hi Tikiwahine!
Why does it make you queezy?
And what does Mark Thomas have to do with it. Is it pertaining to the Mark Thomas Outrigger restaurant in Monterey, CA (now closed)?

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-05-28 14:20 ]

I think the Mark Thomas reference pertains to the image of the mug on that sassy shirt.
Aloha,
:tiki:

unga! the mug is a puke brownish copy of the beautiful green mark thomas outrigger mug. now it will be strewn across america on the chests of preteens everywhere!

im not sure how that makes me feel. maybe jealous?

:tiki:

I guess the volume of tiki stuff to hit the stores this year caught me a little off guard.

I personally don't particularly want to wear a Guess shirt that a thousand high school girls will be wearing this summer.

ya, the mug is like the Mark Thomas Outrigger mug pictured here:

I wasn't sure what else to title this thread. Don't get me wrong, it's a cute shirt, but I like to be at least a LITTLE different :)

I wanted to let people know about it, in case they'd like one!

Now that I took a second look, I see it now (DUH!).
Thanks for the queue you two.
I shall now go make an appointment with my Optometrist.

I can see hundreds of Tiki Centralites suddely getting hauled in on suspicion of pedophilia just because they looked a little too long at the chest of a pre-teen. "But your honour, I was just trying to work out if that was the classic Mark Thomas Outrigger mug or some crude copy".
It's a minefield out there, folks.

Trader Woody

L

On 2004-05-28 13:45, Tikiwahine wrote:
I saw this shirt at the guess store at lunch time:... and "Tiki Time" on every pre-teen shirt that. Kind of makes me feel a little queezy.

why would it make you feel queezy? or even queasy?! (nauseous)

Pages: 1 7 replies