Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tikifish in Montreal - Late June

Pages: 1 10 replies

T

Looks like I will be in Montreal for a week or more in late June for a TV commercial shoot. Usually I don't have a lot of time on shoots for debauchery, but when my producer told me I would be there for over a week, it sparked my interest. Might be a good time for me to get together with some Montreal area folks at the Jardin? And also, it's just after my birthday!!! (June 19)

I'll post more specific dates as I get them.

I know there's a big wingding in Detroit around that time too - so not sure if I can make the Detroit gig, but if I could do both that would be swell too. I havent seen the Detroit party info on this board but I got it in Otto's newsletter...

T

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=9072&forum=4&14

Here's the poop on the Detroit party... oops!

Tikifish!

Don't know if you'll be in town in time for this but... the St. Laurent Street Fair, which runs from June 17-20, will have some tiki-related stuff going on.

Haven't really posted anything about this yet, since I don't have all the details in but here's what I do know... Blizzarts Bar/Lounge (on St. Laurent near Duluth) will be doing a tiki thing for the duration of the street fair. A menu of exotic drinks is being put together (they're using some of the recipes from Mai Tai's drink guide), they've got someone working on the decor for the outdoor deck, we'll be supplying vintage exotica for the d.j.s to play during happy hour and into the evening... you get the picture. Blizzarts is a cool lounge as is, but it'll be interesting to see it take on a tiki vibe. I'll have more complete info in the next couple of weeks and will post something official in the Tiki Events forum.

If you can't make it to the street fair... well, there's always the Jardin Tiki, and I'll be glad to hook up with you there!

New issue of Mai Tai will be out by then too...

Keep us posted as to the exact dates you'll be in town!

tikifish, I want your job!

TF:
If you can, try to stop by the Kahiki Moon on Friday the 18th. This will be our Grand Opening celebration with the Fisherman's Trio. Burlington, Vermont is only 1.5 hours south of Mount Royale (with cheese).

HEY!! Count me in! I'd be happy to meet up with the gang wherever you go. Just post it here or send me the info at [email protected]

I'll definitely check out the place at the street festival, finally a chance to have some decent tiki fare in town...Jardin Tiki--ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Yup, food at the Jardin Tiki can be a little... strange. But at least the drinks and the atmosphere are good.

As for the Blizzarts street fair event, I am not the organizer but have been called in (along with a few others) to help and offer some advice. The owner of the lounge really seems to be getting into it... As I have already mentioned, he's preparing a special menu of exotic cocktails, has ordered a bunch of tiki mugs to serve them in, bought 700 leis (!) to hand out, and has someone working on the decor for an outdoor terrace that will be set up on the street in front of the bar.

Sorry to continue delaying the offical announcement of this event but the owner of Blizzarts is presently out of town until early next week and I just want to get all the final details from him before I post the address, time, etc.

T

UPDATE: The shoot has been moved to Toronto for budget reasons... once again I am blueballed!

HEY!! I'll be there for sure!!!!!! In all my Tikified glory!!! can't wait!!!

woooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooo!

see y'all there, last one there is a bad bald tiki!!!

Hey TikiPearls,

A few of us will be there on Saturday evening... hard to say at exactly what time though, as we're taking in the rest of the street fair too.

I already checked it out last night... the decor was not too "exotic" yet. They were still setting a few things up... but Blizzarts has already got a suitable "vintage lounge" vibe to it in any case... and they were playing a decent mix of exotica and older stuff.

The cocktail menu was pretty great though ... and the couple I had (Lava Flow and Honolulu Girl) were very well made. About 8 or 10 drinks to choose from...

See you there!

Pages: 1 10 replies