Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Disney Frosted Mugs

Pages: 1 10 replies

T

Sure, they are the red-headed stepchild of tiki mugs, but surely there is someone out there who wants to trade me something for some? I have 3, 2 big and one small... not entirely sure, they are residing under my sink right now. I'd have to look but I'm afraid I might get strangled by 5,976 Loblaws bags that will jump out when I open the door.

S

As I am sure has been mentioned already, stick a small tea candle in them and they light up nicely. Bit of an un-earthly glow for the table that has everything.

T

Yes, I think I was the one who gave that advice originally! But I am just running out of room in my condo to be keeping things I don't absolutely love.

L

"As I am sure has been mentioned already, stick a small tea candle in them and they light up nicely. "
"Yes, I think I was the one who gave that advice originally!"

back in da 70's!?
these have been marketed as candle holders for years...

S

Well...someone always does it first. 70's? 60's 50's, who cares? The point is, as Tikifish FIRST pointed out, it gives these mugs, if they can be called that, another purpose on the bartop. Suits me. Let's have a drink.

L

On 2004-05-31 21:58, Stratiki wrote:

The point is, as Tikifish FIRST pointed out, it gives these mugs, if they can be called that, another purpose on the bartop. Suits me. Let's have a drink.

I'll drink to that.

I may be the minority, but I think the Disney tiki I have is cool(I only have one and I think I found him in Chicago)....in any respect, for me it brings back memories of staying at the Polynesian Village when I was a kid...it was a fun time. Anywho...I like any tiki I find...they don't wash up on shore that much here on the banks of the Erie Lake.

late,
Pakelika

HL

They're great for Jello too -- and they're always room for Jello.

On 2004-06-04 15:44, Pakelika Mikela wrote:
I may be the minority, but I think the Disney tiki I have is cool

I, for one, like the damn mug(s).

The first mugs I ever had were a pair of both sizes sitting on my bookshelf in my bedroom from age 8 or 10-ish. They stared at me for years, slowly burning a permament tiki watermark on my brain. If it wasn't for them, I'd probably be posting on OwlCentral instead.

-Z

Would have to agree, these frosted mugs were the first that I ever found (In a thrift store) and are responsable for starting us on our collection...

This Ebay seller knew how to photograph his frosted Disney mug!

Sven, this wasn't your work, was it?

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2004-08-10 18:44 ]

Pages: 1 10 replies