Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki lovers in Wisconsin

Pages: 1 15 replies

Hello all!!!!!!!!!

I am trying to see how many out there are in cheeseland and are into Tiki and all things Tiki Kulture, I am having this extremely crazy idea of trying to oragnize a Midwest Tiki weekend such as the Huka Lau and other great things for this of us not able to travel as well as some. Would love to hear all feedback and comments.

Tiki Toa

good luck on your tiki quest from a brother in Tiki on the west coast!

Where are you in WI? I'm a carver and I live in Milwaukee...

The middle of NO-WHERE, about 10 miles out from Neenah a tiny ville called Larsen.:)

T

On 2004-05-30 12:09, Tiki-Toa wrote:
I am having this extremely crazy idea of trying to oragnize a Midwest Tiki weekend such as the Huka Lau and other great things for this of us not able to travel as well as some.

Not such a crazy idea - we did Exotica2003 last year for four days in Chicago.

We aren't doing it this year, but if you want to help out with the one tentatively planned for 2005, keep in touch.

Lots of Tiki in Chicago (relatively speaking), but not much in WI.

I live in Arlington Heights, and work in the Loop. Let me know what help you need setting up the 2005 event, and I'll do what I can.

I found out about the 2003 event about two weeks after it happened!Blast!

F

I live in Milwaukee and would love to get a group of tiki lovers together. please let me know what you're thinking!

I grew up in Wisconsin, but I live in Minneapolis now. I'd go to a good WI tiki event! A good friend of mine, I Zombie, lives in Milwaukee now but is moving to Minneapolis and I think he'd be up for it. I'm sure you could get lots of Twin Cities tikiphiles to participate in a Wisconsin thing. Not to mention Chicagolanders. Hell, us midwesterners are used to driving all over to get a taste of tiki.

Tiki greetings from up north...Antigo,
Wisconsin....a tiki get together in this
part of the world would be great...
my wife and I have the annual Monday
Night Packer Tiki Bash in our backyard
tiki room...2004 date to be announced...
of course this event coincides with
the Packers on Monday Night Football....
good to know there are other tiki nuts in
Wisconsin

T

TO ALL~!!

Much Mahalo to all who have replied! It is great to see so much response, and also to hear that many are interested in doing something here in WI, there may not be alot of tiki but there is a lot of Tiki lovers. Though sign me up to help for the next Chiacago event. Now the next question, who would be interested in doing a small event say this summer? Nothing to big or elaborate, but like a summer lua type thing. And I love the Monday Night Tiki Bash theme, if I get invited I might have to call in sick the next day, Antigo huh? >:)More feedback all, lets see where this Tiki takes us!!

T

Thanks for the offers of help for Exotica 2005.

The event hasn't been officiaully announed yet, but Captain Dan, Dave K, myself, and Nels from Tikiroom.com, have been yakking about getting it together.

Possibly/hopefully some of the other people on the 2000 and 2003 teams (Carters / Vastas / displaced and missed Lawrences) will want to participate.

We'll probably go into serious planning mode sometime in January. So you can bet there will be an announcement then.

In the mean time, if you guys get something together in Milwaukee, I'll make the drive, count me in! Maybe an At Random / Foundation crawl (that's about all you guys have up there)???

F

Tiki-Toa, My wife and I would love to come to a luau in Wisconsin. I'm a great cook, so I could bring some food. Maybe some pineapple-shrimp kabobs or something. Just let me know, I'd be happy to help. So glad to see all the response from fellow cheese-heads!

Tikibars, there is a bar called Bryant's on 9th and Mitchel that is very similar to At Random. I was just there last Sunday to celebrate my birthday. I can't say if the Mai Tai is an authentic recipie or not, but I know all I had was 1.5 of them and I was done for the night. I was sent directly to Hangover City for almost 2 full days. They do alot of tropical drinks in hurricane glasses, like the Blue Volcanoe (a popular flaming drink that my wife loves). It's worth a look.

[ Edited by: finkdaddy on 2004-06-02 07:41 ]

T

Hey we are looking fantistiki so far!Lets start talking about what month and then we can start looking at a weekend. The more the merrier would love to have as many tiki lovers from Ill., Minn., Mich. and any other parts that would be interested. Can anybody give me advice on how to also look into doing a limited mug for this event?

T

Ok tiki folk, I made a call and here is what I have for you all to consider~

August 20,21,22 2004 In Oshkosh, WI at Rum Runners Tiki Bar they can do a Hawaiian Lua Buffet for about $25 a person, we can also get an event room to set up to do some trading, selling or maybe book signing. Here is the link for the hotel and tiki bar.
Reservations would have to be set by June 20th
Check in Friday, event & Luau on Sat., check out on Sunday.
They also have live music every night at the Tiki bar free of charge.

I need to hear from all interested so I can get back to the guy and at least reserve a block of rooms for this.

SO! Who's in??

http://www.pioneerresort.com/the-tiki-bar-menu.html

C

Would really like to get together with
other wisconsin tikiphiles....but that
weekend would be out for me...i know you
will find that problem with any weekend...
I like the idea of a "swap" room or display area for artwork and artifacts...since I
noodle a bit in paintings and beatnik-tiki
music....if anyone takes a trip up north
and comes through Antigo..keep in mind the
Antigo tiki lounge is usually open to
visitors.

F

Tiki Toa-

I'd love to come, I just have to work out a few details. Left you an e-mail.

Pages: 1 15 replies