Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Farm hires Tiki Centralite...

Pages: 1 38 replies

Hey,
The official date of the following press release is set for tomorrow but TC'ers get it here first. I'm very happy to bring you the following information. Here it is...

For Immediate Release

Date: June 1, 2004
Subject: Tiki Farm Inc. hires Frank Melgoza as Vice-President; Director of Sales and Marketing

Tiki Farm, Inc. is officially announcing the hiring of Frank Melgoza as their new Vice-President, Director of Sales and Marketing. Melgoza brings years of diverse and relevant experience to the company and is a noted Tiki enthusiast. Melgoza’s responsibilities will encompass both the supervision and further establishment of Tiki Farm’s international sales force as well as furthering brand recognition and market penetration through various marketing techniques.

Melgoza is an active member of the online Tiki Central forum, the world’s largest and most active forum for Tiki enthusiasts. Melgoza posts under the screen name of “SugarCaddyDaddy”. Melgoza adds a level of enthusiasm to the Tiki Farm efforts which, combined with his general industry experience, made him the candidate of choice for this high-level position at Tiki Farm, Inc.

Tiki Farm is currently recognized as the world’s largest producer of highest-end quality Tiki mugs, supplying both the wholesale and retail sectors. With a customer database of over 3,000 clients, Melgoza will have his work cut out for him. The company expresses a strong desire to grow the business while simultaneously maintaining an ongoing diversification of products core to the collecting habits of Tiki enthusiasts worldwide. It will be through a direct cooperation with Tiki Farm President & founder Holden Westland that Melgoza & Westland will work diligently to gain market share while remaining true to the “support the artists” roots of Tiki Farm.

...there you have it. It was very important for me to bring somebody on board with the right tools but more importantly, with a passion for Tiki. For those of you who haven't met Frank personally, well, he's a pretty amazing guy. This is what it's all about - doing something that you love. Now having said that, Frank's gonna have his hands full. We're going to move forward now on some earlier conversations with TC'ers regarding regional part-time sales representation of the Farm.

Mahaloz!
Holden

B

YEAAAHH, and Congratulations. I'm proud you were able to find a fit from the ranks of TC.I'm sure when you first offered the position that there were Many amongst us who would have Loved the position even though we were not qualified.
Way to go, now lets sell more mugs....

Wow, what a fantastic fit! Congrats to SCD, but even more to Holden for snagging someone who will surely do a damned kick-ass job.

Congrats SugarCaddyDaddy! I can see it all now...you drag yourself home after a long, hard day at the Farm and your wife is standing at the front door with a perfectly chilled mai tai in your favorite mug and you say - "please honey, the last thing I wanna see right now is another tiki mug"

Congrats to all! This seems like a match made in tiki paradise(San Clemente)! I see great things to come from this.

-Weird Unc

All right SCD!!
Way to go Tiki Farm.
Holden, I thought all of your employees were Required to join TC. :)

Congrats, SCD!

[i]On 2004-05-31 12:00, smogbreather wrote:
For those of you who haven't met Frank personally, well, he's a pretty amazing guy.

I have met him and the description is very accurate. Congratulations all around.

Congrats SCD! Good choice, Holden. Guarantees that Tiki will be in good hands at Tiki Farm in the future expansion period. Maybe...you might... possibly...eventually... have some free time, too, Holden. Wow!

PERfect fit!!

Watch out, Russian, Tibetan, and Angolan markets: you are soon to learn of something you never even knew you needed, but that you now MUST have!!

Very cool! Congrats Holden and SCD!

Congrats to my bro SCD. Holden, you are in good hands!

Wooooo HOOOO!!!!
great news for the whole tiki family.

S
SES posted on Mon, May 31, 2004 7:19 PM

Congrats!

Sounds like the perfect match!

DZ

WOW - definitely a perfect match! Congrats to SCD and TikiFarm!

Does this mean we may see a "SugarCaddyDaddy" mug coming out soon??

On 2004-05-31 19:56, Doctor Z wrote:
WOW - definitely a perfect match! Congrats to SCD and TikiFarm!

Does this mean we may see a "SugarCaddyDaddy" mug coming out soon??

I think a very ltd. edition mug for our bro SCD may be very well in order. Let's leave it up the the Centralites to better describe & define this SugarCaddyDaddy Frank Melgoza mug! You guys have to define/describe the mug & it's launch! Maybe we should call it the "Melgoza Mug" so that future generations might look at it and say... what in the hell is a Melgoza Mug? Only we will ultimately get it and pass on the lineage... the story. Waddya think...Lemme have it! As far as mainstream mugs are concerned, Frank'll have his hand in the final word of all of our mugs!
Holden

Holden Westland
Tiki Farm
"Purveyors of Polynesian Pop Culture"
http://www.tikifarm.com

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2004-05-31 22:26 ]

I think a very ltd. edition mug for our bro SCD may be very well in order. Let's leave it up the the Centralites to better describe & define this SugarCaddyDaddy Frank Melgoza mug! You guys have to define/describe the mug & it's launch!

Ok, I'll start...

First, its gotta have a big 'ol honkin' pompadour. Side burns, yes. Mustache no. But goatee - yes. One hand holding a "Rum with Diet Coke" and a bunch of Caddilac jewelry on its fingers. And if possible, wearing a Hawaiian shirt under a black leather jacket. The mug should sit in a fit to scale 1964 Cadillac (white) as though he is driving the car. And the Cadillac should be made by Hot Wheels (for those who don't know, much of Frank's rare Hot Wheels collection was photographed for Hot Wheel's CD).

Launch party??? "Build it and they will come."

Oh, and put me on the list... I want one.

T

Congrats SCD.

On 2004-05-31 23:33, PolynesianPop wrote:
Oh, and put me on the list... I want one.

I think we all know where this is going.

mad props to all involved!

the mug should incorporate the caddy tailfins into the backside - my $0.02

D

:drink: How Exciting! Congratulations SCD! :drink:

P
pablus posted on Tue, Jun 1, 2004 8:34 AM

I always thought SCD had a bit of a new-moai look about him. Maybe a morphed version of one closer to his true likeness.

Congratulations to the both of you.

Working with the right people makes it a lot easier to show up the day after Memorial day after 4 straight days of Tiki-time.

M

I was just about to say that: Suddenly, all the new tiki mug designs coming out of the farm have pompadours.

Congrats!

TB

Congrats SCD!

The SCD mug should have some kind of bumper around it so PolyPop wont break it as easy.

Tbird.

L
laney posted on Tue, Jun 1, 2004 10:16 AM

Congrats guys! Holden needs someone super orgainzed to keep him in line!

My imput on the mug... It should have two HUGE coconuts in the front!
Just my 2 coconuts worth.
Laney

Just wanted to add my congrats to SCD!

vw

Congrats SCD, and way to go Holden.
I was about to describe the SCD mug, but Poly pop beat me to it, and with a great description.

Ran

What has already been posted just about covers what I'd like to say about this momentous union! Just want to add that Frankie is not only one of the most organized, but one of the nicest folks I've met in my life. We all can look forward to even more amazing things from Tiki Farm.

[ Edited by: Atomic Cocktail on 2004-06-01 15:51 ]

M

Way to go SCD! Congratulations to both of you. It's kinda like promoting from within.

C

Congrats to SCD!!! I look forward to seeing Tiki Farm products all the world over and over and over....yeah.

:drink:

The responses are awesome... overwhelming! Today was SCD's first day... man, what a lotta work we've got ahead. You all get it here first... the Farm's been about BST (blood, sweat... tikis!!) from yours truly. Frank's my main man and that gives me solice. Time to crank it up a notch. Take care of biz now but the next level awaits us. The Bash will be dedicated with the offical "Melgoza Moai or somethin' or another" mug... trust me, it'll have a pompadour!
Holden

I just completed my first full day at "The Farm", and I must say XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy 2005-11-29 00:39 ]

First of all, don't think that the fact that Frank's and mines posts were at THE EXACT SAME TIME AND MINUTE... are any type of conspiracy... amazing!! You guys, Frank has earned, through his dedication to Tiki and through his enthusiasm the right to be on the front lines of the Farm. This is the Farm and we're moving forward. Frank will be entrenched as a battle-worn and worthy allie. The Farm (and me... Hi, I'm Holden) is Frank and Frank is the Farm. Rely upon us to do the right thing 'philes.
Holden

Holden Westland
Tiki Farm
"Purveyors of Polynesian Pop Culture"
http://www.tikifarm.com

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2004-06-01 23:34 ]

B

Congratulations SCD and Holden. I see good things in the Tiki future and for Tiki Farm. Aloha!

T

Way to go Frank! Crank it up for Tiki Farm.

(hey, do you need a personal steel guitar player to follow you on every sales call to provide that special tiki ambience?)

Cool, like "Shaft," with his theme music following him around!

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Jun 2, 2004 9:00 PM

congrats to da farm!! you guys got a really nice guy! good luck SCD on your journey into the world of TIKI!

live ALOHA!

N

Congrats Holden and SCD. Long live the Farm.

Way to go, Tiki Farm and SCD...Congratulations!

http://www.samgambino.com

Hey Frank, congrat's on the new job!

Pages: 1 38 replies