Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki events outside USA?

Pages: 1 10 replies

B

I wondered, since I live in The Netherlands if people outside of the USA know any tikirelated events or bars in Europe? I'm guessing there aren't that many.
But I would like to know.

Bye

TM1

Goede middag Bartel! U zou hier aan de V.S. moeten komen als u goede staven wilt vinden Tiki. Ik denk er zou kunnen zijn wat in Engeland. Goed geluk, en onthaal aan "Tiki central!"

S
Swanky posted on Tue, Jun 1, 2004 9:55 PM

Seems to be some things happening in Germany, Berlin.

T

On 2004-06-01 16:39, tiki mick wrote:
Goede middag Bartel! U zou hier aan de V.S. moeten komen als u goede staven wilt vinden Tiki. Ik denk er zou kunnen zijn wat in Engeland. Goed geluk, en onthaal aan "Tiki central!"

Hey! watch your little potty mouth Tiki Mick!

Do any TC-er's fancy a get together in London this summer. Maybe hit Vics and/or South London Pacific?

The Kona Kai at the Athens, Ledra Marriot is one of the most amazing Tiki restaurants I have ever been to. For an '80's era tiki bar, their decor is spot on and Tikis abound. If you're heading to the Olympics, do not miss this experience. Their drinks are killer, food exceptional and service outstanding. It was definately a highlight of our European Tiki road trip.

B

Ah, tiki Mick, you speak dutch! You live in the USA?

Thanx Conga Mike, I am very curious about your european Tiki Trip, found any more stuff?
Thanx, when I am in athens, i shall definitively visit the bar.

Grtz

TM1

Hi bartel....I speak a little..have a dictionary here at work! I am 1/2 dutch on my mom's side, and it was my first language until I was 4 years old.

Hey, I may not be outside of the USA but I still know a couple good European Tiki Bars. One was pretty close to you too! In Gierle, Belgium "The Tikis" opened about 3 or 4 years ago and featured mostly Rockabilly music, but it was bought recently and I think they took out all the tikis. In London is the incredible "South London Pacific" run by Trader Hank. Both these bars were designed by Josh Collins. The "South London Pacific" features a huge Tiki carved by Tiki Diablo who also carved a set of 6 footers for the brand new "Tabu Tiki Room" in Berlin, owned and operated by Stephan and April and it only a few feet from "the shore"! From what I hear, the hotspot for Tiki Bars in Europe is Spain, but to get the details on this...you must deal with the DIABLO!

My guide to Tiki in Europe is a little out of date, but should still point you in the right direction:

http://traderwoody.iwarp.com

(Works best with pop-up blockers)

Trader Woody

Here's a great event with a Tiki/Polynesian theme... As a matter of fact, im in the process of packing to head out for it right now... http://www.summerjamboree.com

Mahalo!

Moi

Pages: 1 10 replies