Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

What Is This From Hilton Hawaiian Village

Pages: 1 9 replies

T

Found this tucked into a corner and am unsure of what it is. Frank thinks along the lines of a Benihanna's, I was thinking more along the lines of ..... hell I have no idea what it is. Figure someone knows about it as I have seen the place listed before but the manufacturer I am unsure of and nothing come up on the searches. For the first time I can say I am finding some stuff in the oddest of places.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-12 14:32 ]

DZ

On 2004-06-02 20:05, filslash wrote:
aloha,

It's a dragon vase from HHV. There are 3 in the series. A Hula Girl, and an Kamehameha type alii figure with his arms crossed!

I've got the Girl and the Kamehameha, but I didn't know there was a third to the set - thanks for the info!

I am curious, however: why do they go together? I mean, how does the Asian dragon relate to the Hawaiian figures to the point that they'd be a 3-pc set?

L

On 2004-06-02 20:24, Doctor Z wrote:

On 2004-06-02 20:05, filslash wrote:
aloha,

It's a dragon vase from HHV. There are 3 in the series. A Hula Girl, and an Kamehameha type alii figure with his arms crossed!

I've got the Girl and the Kamehameha, but I didn't know there was a third to the set - thanks for the info!

I am curious, however: why do they go together? I mean, how does the Asian dragon relate to the Hawaiian figures to the point that they'd be a 3-pc set?

never heard these were a 3 piece set....
that went together....

just that this manufacturer happened to created 3 generically popular fairly detailed maitai mugs.

T

Are pictures available of the other two?

J
JTD posted on Thu, Jun 3, 2004 6:21 AM

tiki410,
Here's a link to a current auction for the Kamehemeha figure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2001&item=3915205028&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

-JTD

T

Thanks, I don't recall seeing it before.

Wow, love that dragon!

I have the Hula Girl & Kamehameha, but I've got to get one of those dragons! Not only to complete the collection, but since I was born in "The Year of the Dragon" (1964), I have a thing for dragons.

S
SES posted on Sat, Jun 5, 2004 2:38 AM

Looks more like a crossbreed between an eagle(or a chicken... hah) and a dragon than a dragon to me.

I've got a matched pair of those Hawaiian Village Dragon Mugs. Here's a photo of me drinking from one at last year's International Tiki Day. Crazy Al had rigged up a double-flaming tiki torch for the dragon to hold in its teeth.

Sabu

Pages: 1 9 replies