Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

International Tiki Day Sat. August 14 !

Pages: 1 16 replies

UB

What are you planning on doing on this holiest of days, in order to pay your respects to the Tiki Gods?

A Tiki Cheers To You

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-06-03 23:08 ]

Well I wanted to set my wedding date for that day, but I had to move it to the next Saturday so that the groom could attend :wink:

I still plan on celebrating it, even if it's by myself with booze and bbq. You can bet I'll be giving everyone I pass a friendly "Happy International Tiki Day!"

The 21st is also special, since that's the day Hawaii became a state!

UB

Congrats on your engagement!

Thank you kindly!

How about you Unga? Are you throwing a big bash this year? I know there MUST be some fantastic events happening down in CA!

S

I have actually booked us two Hawaiian "Lomi Lomi" massages at a swanky spa on that date as the ball-and-chain and I are celebrating our tenth! Thought you might be impressed! :)

Martiki, if you are not making any more ill-timed dump runs, perhaps you and Rebecca are still free for a road-trip to SoCal for ITD? snortle

XOX tikivixen

M

Highly likely, Vixen. Highly likely.

Well, praise the Tiki and pass the Chex Mix!

the Forestiere Gardens are calling,

Tikivixen

"Aloha Days" in Hermosa Beach is that weekend.

I will probably surf and then go hang out at "Mr. Tiki Mai Tai Lounge". Maybe we can plan a get together there.

D

Is there going to be anything going on in Chicago? Anyone up for meeting at Hala Kahiki that night? If so, please email me directly.

I'll probably just do what I did last year: Sit around Bong's backyard drinking beer & throwing the empties in the pool, heading out about 1/2 an hour before he gets home...

Hey Freddie,

Speaking of which, you coming up for ITD? If so, PM me.

On 2004-06-25 12:29, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Hey Freddie,

Speaking of which, you coming up for ITD? If so, PM me.

Unfortunately I probably won't, I have to drive up to Pomona & back on Saturday & Sunday Mornings and I pretty much spend Saturday running around chasing my Gran'daughter. I'm not complaining, I can't really think of anything else I'd rather do, but Saturday evenings aren't good for us to go out. I'd love to bring the Chick'nButt along (start'em young... the family that Tikis together stays together...), but a 1 year old just doesn't understand why she can't go to sleep the moment she gets tired.

On 2004-06-03 15:46, Tikiwahine wrote:
Thank you kindly!
How about you Unga? Are you throwing a big bash this year? I know there MUST be some fantastic events happening down in CA!

Going down south. Tiki Ti for the first time(finally).
Purple Orchid and some other places.(still pending). It's gonna be fun.

Mean Gene --

I'm up for cocktails at the Mr. Tiki's Mai Tai Lounge!

Anybody else in the SD area?

H

I'm going to be in Seattle, celebrating the long-overdue wedding of two dear friends of mine. It's a daytime wedding, and if the whole thing wraps up early enough, I might be up to hitting Luau or somewhere else for a cocktail. Otherwise, I'm likely to be spending International Tiki Day dressed in formalwear drinking champagne! There could be worse things, and really everyday is tiki day for me.

S

Humu...we may be in town. Keep us posted on your tiki whereabouts this weekend. Would love to Mai Tai with you! M & T :)

Pages: 1 16 replies