Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Tattoo

Pages: 1 19 replies

P

I'm new to the site and was wondering if anyone had any good pictures (real or sketch) of any of the tiki gods that could be used for a tattoo. Please let me know at [email protected]. Thanks.

Niels

D

welcome to Tiki Central ~ you could use the search feature, and come up with lots of inked skin photos..or you could ask Unga Bunga if his work is copyrighted..

:D
elicia

T

The question is really what tiki to get tattoed first! My advice, is find one that fits your personality or a feeling that you want to evoke when you or others see it, but it should always be for you. If you want, I can help you, I have a VERY large file of various tiki images and I could send you some to try and help.

i hope you don't mind me posting this, kon-hemsby, but it sprung to mind instantenouesly.

proby95, kon-hemsby's tat is badasssssssss:

UB

On 2004-06-03 23:27, dogbytes wrote:
or you could ask Unga Bunga if his work is copyrighted..

No, this is my gift to Tiki Central.
Tattoo Away!
(Elicia cutie :) )

K
Kenike posted on Fri, Jun 4, 2004 2:18 PM

If the tattoo artist is good he/she can design a unique one for you. I walked into the tattoo place with a couple of pics and said "I want something like this..." The guy drew one up based on what I showed him and I ended up with a tattoo that's unique and I'm the only person who has one...unless he copied it for someone else.

[ Edited by: Juno on 2004-06-04 14:27 ]

i'm inclined to get a tattoo that says "unga bunga rocks!"

or maybe

KD

If your into more traditional Tiki's, I have one very similar to the one below around my ankle with the Tiki facing the front. It was done by Trica Allen in Hawaii and Tavita in Tahiti.
http://www.tattootraditions.alohaworld.com/tattootraditions/images/tahitian1.jpg

The ones below, designed by Frenchman Lovisa Gilles who lives and operates on Moorea would make good arm or ankle tattoos.

[ Edited by: Kava Dan on 2004-06-04 15:08 ]

R

Drawing a tiki is pretty easy as Tikis are primative in form by nature. If you have a half way decent drawing ability you could just look around at what you like and draw one yourself, or have a tatoo artist build on your initial idea to get what you like. I drew this and had it done in Pattaya, Thailand just below my navel. It is about 2 inches tall.

[ Edited by: Rattiki on 2004-06-04 17:48 ]

DZ

I don't know if there's a pic of it on TC anywhere, but TraderPup got an awesome tiki tat during Hukilau last year!

'Pup, post a pic please!

Unga! that would be a brilliant Tattoo!

or maybe

I actually knew someone in college that got him tattooed on their leg... DE PLANE! DE PLANE!

"Hey, at least I'm housebroken."

[ Edited by: Polynesiac on 2004-06-04 21:11 ]

you guys are so.....
LOL

On 2004-06-04 09:37, Johnny Dollar wrote:
i hope you don't mind me posting this, kon-hemsby, but it sprung to mind instantenouesly.

Cheers JD, appreciated. I had a new tiki tattoo finished last week, so I'll post some pictures some when it's healed.

S
SES posted on Sun, Jun 6, 2004 11:34 AM

Rattiki that tiki needs a shave! LOL

R

On 2004-06-06 11:34, susane wrote:
Rattiki that tiki needs a shave! LOL

Are you kidding? It took months to grow back as it was! :lol:

B

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-06-30 06:21 ]

B

Hi Proby95. I could carve you a tiki tattoo and do it for free. I do'em all the time...Well I do'em in wood but same deal, same tools. No? Well check out our local artists on the "Creating Tiki" forumThere is some Dynamite art work over there. All of FLOUNDERart's work would make nice tattoos (hear that flounder, you should make temp tattoos of your work..) Please ask for permission from our artists before giving pictures to a tattoo artist though I'm sure they won[t mind.Come on in, sit down and stay awhile.

B

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-06-06 21:06 ]

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-06-30 06:23 ]

On 2004-06-06 11:16, Kon-Hemsby wrote:

On 2004-06-04 09:37, Johnny Dollar wrote:

Cheers JD, appreciated. I had a new tiki tattoo finished last week, so I'll post some pictures some when it's healed.

way cool! j$

T

Tiki Maxton was supposedlly getting my drawing put on the back of his leg?

Pages: 1 19 replies