Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

miles thompson tiki art

Pages: 1 36 replies

its a long shot but does anyone know where i can purchase a miles thompson print? I cannot seem to find his art prints available anywhere and i love his tiki art. For now i have his pics as wallpaper. If you would like to have some great wallpaper please go to http://www.kooch-e-koo.com as these can be seen in full size and saved or made directly as wallpaper by doing a right click. click on the little tiki to get the tiki style images. Also i have yet to get my first shag and i read these forums everyday to see if anyone knows about new releases. A hearty hello to all tiki lovers, i really enjoy reading your posts and have already learnt a lot and have had a good laugh as well

So...you've yet to get your first shag, or your first Shag? :lol: Grey

lol...i hope my first shag is as good as i heard....

A friend of mine attempted to get Miles to do a painting for him and apparently Miles was pretty flakey. Said "Yeah sounds good" but then never called him back...

~Hanford

Miles is doing the poster and t-shirt art for the upcoming "Big Ol' Tiki Bash". We're finalizing the finished art (same for the poster and the t-shirts) - they will be awesome! They'll be ltd. to small runs and affordable (still working out the prices but the t-shirts shouldn't be more than $12.50 and I don't even have a clue on the posters but we'll do our best to keep the costs down!
Holden

K

"flakey"

rad! i love it..."a friend of mine said ...blah blah blah"

i can only think of ONE person that i flaked on EVER and if she, Coco, ever reads this i would like to extend my appologies for the lack of follow through...though i WAS in the process of having a baby and moving into a new house and starting a new job...you tell me if my priorities are screwed up...

...if you want a commission painted email me and we'll work something out as time permits!

Funny to see this after so long ...thats when I was so new to this I didn't even know how to use upper case! Miles, I appreciate your offer greatly and I will let you know when I can afford an original but I was thinking more of a print. I still visit your site regularly. Surprised you aren't at the Mondo Tiki Bash!

PS. still no shag shag shag

I love Miles' tiki art.It makes you wanna take a fat vacation.

I am the proud owner of a Miles Thompson original. People come over and say, "Cool painting, did you do it?" and I reply, "No, it's a Miles Thompson original." and then they say, "I remember that skinny kid. Wasn't he alwasy trying to shoplift Boone's Farm wine and condoms from Leucadia Liquor?" and I say, "Yeah, that's him."

K

capitan my man...

you are the proud owner of a piece of my craftwork...that was SO fun spinning records that night with you...by chance did i leave my "vol 4 adventures in paradise" with you??? i have the sleeve but no disc...SAD! anyway thanks again for a blast!

hope you're well!

thanks for the kind words gentlemen...and ladies!

Hey Miles! Maybe we can stay in touch THIS way, how nice! How about that Book of Tiki Aloha shirt...?

It is not flakeyness folks, but priorities that determine some artists' output, which are just like everybody else's:

1.) Makin' a livin'
2.) making a relationship work
3.) pursuing what you're into

..and not being the egocentric artiste that just cares about their "work".

..wait...this is not an attempt to justify that my WITCO book is not progressing, dammit, but life's little distractions do have to do with it...

K

ahhh my main man in the tiki community...

i heard some great things from mr dale sizer who heard it from jon the fish fisher that you are doing well...maybe we can stay in touch this way is right...i have been so busy...i'm tired! 6AM bottle this morning and some time well spent with the most beautiful wahine bambino you ever saw...i can't WAIT for the world to meet her! you'll get a kick out of her nose. haha

headed to the island paradise known as the tiki ti tonight at about 8 with some kids from my posse here at lil pimp (a feature in santa monica...sizer fish and others) ....maybe 8:30...show up and win a free drink and a peep at some pics of Ava our little girl...

i can't WAIT to see your WITCO book...we need to catch up! email me pops!

[email protected]

hope you can make it!

Kooche, I think Bigbro is writting from Germany. Maybe flew out there Sun or Mon?

Hey Miles!

Chris Merritt here...

I'm having a little wahine myself!

"Oh mystic powers - hear my call...
From my limbs, let new life fall..."
http://www.christophermerritt.com

[ Edited by: Tangaroa on 2003-04-23 11:25 ]

K

chris

you are goign to be SO SO SO stoked....when are you due to be a padre??? it is the best.... i am ready to die now...so happily...obviously the BEST year of my life without a doubt...

girls rule don't they?

CONGRATULATIONS!

by the by your link is dead....que lastima

miles

Thanks!
Yes - I am very stoked....We are due August 21st.
We just bought a house too! Totally crazy...

I know the link is dead - I just bought the domain a few days ago - still resolving..., but I should have something up sometime next week - certainly nothing as advanced as your site!

CM

[ Edited by: Tangaroa on 2003-04-23 11:52 ]

K

C

i have made the jump from animation to computer whatever and am a happy camper here...i have my tactile fun outside of the digital realm to keep me sane...thoughi would hesitate to call my site "advanced"...at this point it's just OLD! but thanks!

again congratulations on the great news about your baby girl. a house is also something worthy of congratulations...i love being a home owner...(my name isn't on our mortgage...) but we bought and are happy in our new home of just about 2 months...making up a bedroom for lil pink thing RULES!!!

aloha and mahalo fellow calartian!

Found this picture that was saved...from aquarj.

Not sure why the hell the pic is so small. God I hate this %$#@! computer.

A

Here's the original (Miles on the left)...

What a fine looking painting! Some lucky soul must've ended up with that in their home.

Hey Miles, welcome to TikiCentral! I recently came across the Mary Blair inspiration for "U Can Poo". Wow, she was great!

-Randy

K

Randy

nice pic man....

holy hair!

how you doing...well i hope! i like the smaller version of that pic better...

was at tiki ti on wednesday...midweek train wreck!

say hi to ilene for me!

malls

Some a***hole outbid me on this! It happened while I got caught up watching a Hockey game. I am such a fool! I was outbid by only $2.50.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3516945877&category=20147

I need to not dwell on this, but I feel sick almost. Was it anyone on this forum? If it was I might even feel better!

D

That's to bad, I love this one too. I have it for my computer's wallpaper.

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-05-03 01:17 ]

Hey Miles,
You mentioned animation and Jon Fisher's name was also mentioned.
Is that the same Jon Fisher who worked on the animated Batman? Oh yeah, welcome to Tiki Central! I have admired your art for a long while. Your site is crazy cool. Love the sound effects and the art. Good luck with the upcoming shows, artistic endevors and papahood.
Chongolio

Hey Miles,
You mentioned animation and Jon Fisher's name was also mentioned.
Is that the same Jon Fisher who worked on the animated Batman? Oh yeah, welcome to Tiki Central! I have admired your art for a long while. Your site is crazy cool. Love the sound effects and the art. Good luck with the upcoming shows, artistic endevors and papahood.
Chongolio

K
kooche posted on Sat, May 3, 2003 1:53 PM

jon fisher is the very same as the man that helped out on warner bros hit batman...i love that guy...you should see his cars in person...such a bro!

that image has a story behind it....the original is one of 2 that sold to none other than the master tiki spokes person Shag himself (name drop much miles?)...i have never met a kinder person with more information about how to do things for myself in the future...at every turn in my painting career he has some serious wisdom and encouragement to pass on. i can't wait to see his show in september at la luz de jesus! that cat gets MOBBED!

tiki ti tonight! my baby and i are taking her parents for their first exotica beverage experience after which we are headed to the greek theater to catch a Ramsey Lewis and Nancy Wilson show....live music with a tropical echoing buzz!!! it gets NO better!

thanks for all the praise you guys! presently working on my 1st Tshirt design that i will show and get opinions on before i print them...???

C

Too Cool, Jon is an ol punk and skatin' buddy of mine from way back. I haven't seen that dude in years. I think The last time I saw him was at a Exoticon event in L.A. quite a few years back. He is super cool, funny and talented. Good to hear he is still pokin' around. I have seen some of his cars in person, but not in the last fifteen years. I am sure they are mind blowin' You see him around frequently?
Shag also is a really nice guy. I never met him in person but we had a few emails and he made some good comments about some of my art. He came across as a very decent fellow.
I cant wait to see some of the stuff you are coming out with. Keep the TC ohana in the loop and thanks for the reply.

Chongolio

On 2003-04-23 11:42, kooche wrote:
chris

you are goign to be SO SO SO stoked....when are you due to be a padre??? it is the best.... i am ready to die now...so happily...obviously the BEST year of my life without a doubt...

girls rule don't they?

CONGRATULATIONS!

by the by your link is dead....que lastima

miles

Girls totally rule! As of last week I am the proud papa of this little wahine...

You can check out some more (non-tiki I'm afraid) pix here:
http://www.christophermerritt.com/family/Devon/devon.html

Chris

Hey, Chris - what great news! Congratulations. Those are great pics. BTW, what's a doule?

Richard

Hey Kooche!
Your cartoons are twisted dude.
Give me some of that shit your smokin!

http://www.kooch-e-koo.com/index.html

On 2003-08-20 12:04, Tiki-bot wrote:
Hey, Chris - what great news! Congratulations. Those are great pics. BTW, what's a doule?

Richard

Happy Birthday Tiki-bot!

A doula is sorta like a midwife - but less medical & more emotional support....

Yeah - we are all new age-y & artsy-fartsy.....

But she really helped a lot! We were only in the hospital for a day!

Chris

[ Edited by: Tangaroa on 2003-08-20 12:58 ]

K

oof...in and out in a day...oof...

fuck you man...oooooof...vaginas can stretch and then they can't either sometimes...

that's all i want to say...congratulations and i hope you are developing some thoughtful patterns in your life...man it can be scary and tough...shoo!

T

Dude - it was incredible...! She's 2 months old now - even tho she's got the dreaded collic, she's still the most awesome thing I've ever seen...

Let's have lunch sometime & we can be obnoxious parents comparing wallet baby pix. Or mayeb I'll dig out the old CalArts clippers and give ya a haircut!

K
kooche posted on Wed, Oct 1, 2003 5:09 PM

WOW!

your baby is awesome...she is beautiful...so is ours...haha

i kept saying how "beautiful" ava was when she was born and my wife would answer "that's no tthe word i would use to describe her..." what a bitch...then she came around and now we agree that ava is teh most beautiful thing we could have possibly recieved from the sum of us...

she crawls and babbles like nuts...she scrutinizes and smiles ... we should get together...what neck of the woods are y'all in? if you tell me that you moved to OC that'll just be TOO damn Disneyland of you...

congrats man...she is beautiful....sorry to hear about the collic (sp?) thing...that i understand is SO TOUGH...and it can just stop at anytime...there is no set window or typical gauge...my bro in law screamed for 2 years straight! SHIT! with that much screaming you need to get yourself a 1000GB ipod and load it up with every island ever recorded and hit repeat play to flush the siren's sad song out of your mind...poor baby!

congrats again chris!

ps the hair is standard governement issue again...what was i growing???

"Kooche",ha ha that kills me.

Hi TC,

You know that small Miles Thompson piece with the custom frame at the tiny nook at Tiki-Ti where Mike Sr's station is? I faintly remember that he use to sell serigraphs of that on his website. Am I dreaming or did it actually happen?

I just wanted to clarify.

The Monitors

[ Edited by: The Monitors 2012-07-10 22:55 ]

[ Edited by: The Monitors 2012-07-10 22:56 ]

S

Monitors,
You are correct, several years ago Miles made that painting for Mike and Mike at the Ti, and Danny "tiki diablo" did the killer frame. The night of the presentation there were prints of both "tiki Ti" as well as the very large "tapa" available. That was the night Miles got to add his name to the wall!
That was a long time ago, not sure if Miles or the Ti have any left, but it never hurts to ask.
I was fortunate to score each of the prints. If I remember correctly, Humuhumu also got a "tiki Ti" print that she had Danny frame in a similar manner.

Pages: 1 36 replies