Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

THOR's new DIAMOND in the ROUGH

Pages: 1 6 replies

T
THOR's posted on Sun, Jun 6, 2004 7:11 AM

http://diamondheadgallery.com/detail.asp?subsection=originalart&itemid=79103093132

This is a new addition to the series..inspired by the search for the perfect wave lovers hideaway and surfers fantasy on Oahu! Check out the bamboo slide for the board to get down to the surf in a hurry..and note all the curves and "wave like" formes..plus the boards incorporated into the architecture. The beer bottle and net ball giant chime shimmers in the morning light..Diamonhead peers from the background. Look for the Gecho peeking from the lower right ..silhouetted through the leaf..it's now at the printers in Hawaii and will be seen in Lahina and Waikiki this summer. In a few weeks, I will post "The magik of the tiki maker" Hope you like this painting!! Diamondhead gallery in Lahina and Oahu has begun selling prints and originals...we are planning some of these as psters too which are more affordable. looks like a great summer!!! ~~~~THOR
I still can't figue out how to get a "bbc" code to embed this linc!! Where do I get a "code"..I tried the one in the help section here(in red) and that just created a box with an "x" in it. Anyway...here it is!

[ Edited by: THOR's on 2004-06-06 07:31 ]

[ Edited by: THOR's on 2004-06-06 07:32 ]

O

Very cool.
We had a chance to see your Rum mill painting on display in Oahu a couple of weeks back. Beautiful!
Enjoying the series.
:drink:

T

Thanks !!! I am going to be in both Oahu and Lahina at the end of the month sgning prints. The series in just starting..more to follow and there is great interest brewing both in Japan and Hawaii, so this is really fun for me. Again, I am allowing the publisher in Hawaii to set prices and frames and Giclee numbers, but free to sell on the mainland since I own all copyrights. I am exploring other gallerys which are showing tremendous enthusiasm, but still want to offer a line that is not at the price level of the high end gallerys....we'll see how it unfolds. Glad U had a chance to see the Rum stil painting "brewing it my way" in Oahu Take care!! Mahalo~

R

Fantastic artwork Thor!
I love your style!
:)

T

Thor's please let us know as soon as the posters are available, I know I want one right away. Now I am off to find the rest of your fantastic work.

Aloha Thor's...when you're on Maui, please check out Maui giclee. I know Diamond Head Gallery, they're great, but do yourself a favor and take a look at Maui Giclee. My other half works there, they do great work and have their own gallery. They're in Kihei, on Okuhai. Great artwork...so glad to see classic-style painting with a tiki twist! You're wonderful, keep it up!
Tiki Queen

B

I like the "Slide'n Surf" deal. It looks like fun. Nice work.

Pages: 1 6 replies