Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Help Tiki Buying in S.F.?

Pages: 1 6 replies

I quickly need to know where in San Francisco you can buy tiki mugs or tiki items? because my brother is being shipped over there for a week by his company and might have time to do some tiki shopping so he can get me some tiki's for my birthday.
Can anyone give me some addresses?

M

There is a store on a corner in Chinatown on Grant Ave(I think it is at the intersection of Washington). It is three stories and they have TIki mugs on the first floor and sometimes in the basement with the Woks and other kitchen ware. The top floor is toys. I do not know the name of the place.

M

On 2004-06-07 08:34, atomictonytiki wrote:
I quickly need to know where in San Francisco you can buy tiki mugs or tiki items? because my brother is being shipped over there for a week by his company and might have time to do some tiki shopping so he can get me some tiki's for my birthday.
Can anyone give me some addresses?

Is your brother also into tiki?? THe TOnga Room is only a few blocks from that store I mentioned in Chinatown-bruce

Trader Vics Emeryville has tiki mugs, tiki shirts, etc.

Your brother will love their outdoor tiki bar - its Tiki Heaven and definitely worth a trip across the Bay Bridge!

If not driving, he can take BART across to Oakland (Lake Merit??) and taxi from there.

[ Edited by: christiki295 on 2004-06-07 19:51 ]

mrsmiley - unfortunatly my brother isn't into tiki as much as i am but at least he's trying to bring me tiki from far away places.

christiki295 - My brothers a nautical engineer so he'll be where the oil tankers are i think he described it as the top bit, so i guess he will be on the Oakland side most of his trip, so Trader Vics might be his best chance.

thanks for the tips.

When I was in SF, I actually found all my Tiki mugs in Berkeley, which is also on the Oakland side. It's an easy-going (bar politics!) college town with a lot of great shops. A couple selling vintage clothing also sold Tiki mugs. It's a nice place for an afternoon out, so your brother will probably enjoy himself there.

Trader Woody

M

Good suggestion, Woody

If he's working on oil tankers, then he's likely to be around Richmond, not Oakland. Stil the east bay, but north of Emeryville. (only a few miles)

Pages: 1 6 replies