Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

eBay: World's Worst Tiki Listing

Pages: 1 38 replies

M

I wanted to ask this guy WTF he was thinking when he wrote this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3915533812&rd=1

...heres my favorite part:

"EBAY ALSO SAYS BIDDERS SHOULD ALLOW 2 WEEKS FOR MAIL DELIVERY & SOME METHODS OF SHIPPING MAY BE LONGER, THIS 2 WEEKS IS FOR THE MAIL DELIVERY OF THE ITEM,AFTER THE ITEM HAS BEEN SHIPPED. THIS IS FROM EBAYS PRINTED WORDS. MY MATH SAYS THAT IF YOU ADD THE 30 DAYS SELLERS HAVE TO SHIP ITEMS PLUS THE 2 WEEKS+ FOR MAIL DELIVERY, THAT MEANS THE ITEM'S ARRIVAL COULD BE UP TO 44 DAYS OR LONGER BEFORE IT IS EVEN CONSIDERED LATE. "

What an absolute moron!!!

Matt

He's a big seller but I see that he's had 45 neg feedback in the last year and a quick glance showed that a few were from his slow shipping, and more than one said to the effect - Nice item. Takes forever to get, so be patient.
I wonder if the winner would be able to send payment sometime late August?

M

I think his mind is slowly slipping away from him....

M

On 2004-06-07 11:54, mattfink wrote:
I think his mind is slowly slipping away from him....

My mind was slipping away just reading his @#$& novella.

Someone needs to go over to his house and steal his Caps Lock button! We'll hold it captive, then once he's paid the ransom for it - we'll offer to ship it back. Ehehehehe.

M

I'd like to think that someone would be willing to take his whole computer away from him...maybe he does his listing down at the public library or internet cafe?

JT

This guy has some serious mental problems!

I envision a house with 50 cats and garbage from the past 2 years.

D

this guy isnt just nuts, he should be nominated for Mr.Friendly Customer Service Seller of the year.

cripes. in all that text, is there any mention of the actual item for sale..like..how big it is?

Have you noticed how much feedback is from the same people, calling him by his first name?

Subtle, Larry!
Trader Woody

M

This guy is a serious head case....

T

What does it say about the people that are bidding on his stuff though, think they all need to be put in a leaky boat with no paddles.

M

As of 2pm PST there's been four bids on the thing today alone. Apparently Buford & Lucy don't mind late shipping.

Did anyone notice that one of Larry's feedbacks said: "Thank you for the marbles!!!!!!!! "

We all knew that Larry had lost his. Now we know where they went.

That posting reminds me of the old Far Side cartoon - 'how nature says STAY AWAY'!

I got about a minute into the text, scrolled down, and began to wonder if I could carve one of those in the time it would take to finish reading the auction...

UJ

what I can't stand is the ALL CAPS approach.

S

Yeah, somewhere in all that it could say "CUCK OFF LOSER I WILL NEVER SEND THIS BECAUSE I BURNED IT IN A FIRE" and then he'd have you by the fine print. "IF YOU READ THE AUCTION IT CLEARLY SAYS THE ITEM WAS DESTROYED."

It might be good to save this guy and check his auctions over the next year and see if the writing gets even longer and more bizarre. He may begin talking about the CIA or aliens or other pesky people messing with him...

J

What an asshole! Because Ebay says I can wait 30 days before I have to send things I'll wait 30 days? - WTF??! I know a lot of Ebay sellers are slow in sending stuff - using the death in a family and family emergency cop out anytime they're too damn lazy to pull themselves away from daytime TV and go to the post office - but to advertise that the stuff is going to take over a month to ship has got to be the lamest! But don't leave him a negative feedback - he promises to return all negative comments!

We gotta be on Candid Camera!

SMILE!

R

I think I should Email him and ask him if he takes PayPal....

T

No, you should email him and ask if you can wait a month before sending payment! he he

Holy moly. I feel like I'm slacking if I mail something FOUR days after my customers pay me, not FORTY!!!

Ps. I'm fishstique on Ebay. And I'm standing by for your calls. Free bubble envelope with book purchase! Free drawings on envelope! Free fun emails!

D

Wifebeater!!! Probably kicks small animals,too.

M

...probably hangs out with O.J., Michael Jackson and Osama....

L

On 2004-06-07 11:32, mattfink wrote:
I wanted to ask this guy WTF he was thinking when he wrote this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3915533812&rd=1

25 bux for a 5 inch tiki!?
these are 5 bux any day round here.
incwedibow.
and I don't like his putting Hawaiian in the description. Not accurate.

TB

The some of the people who gave positive feedback posted like a negative feedback, whats up with that?

M

They were too afraid he'd slam them with a negative even though they kept up their end of the bargain...I'd say it would be better to leave no feedback at all.

T

"Beautiful quartz crystal, packed well! (My sympathies for your mother)"

This is the freakiest feedback of all. I mean, where better to express your condolences than in an Ebay feedback forum?

I think Larry is writing all his own feedback. Either that or he has friends 'jacking up' the price of his auctions and then when they win, they give him nice feedback, and he relists or sells to the underbidder.

M

On 2004-06-08 14:06, tikifish wrote:

I think Larry is writing all his own feedback. Either that or he has friends 'jacking up' the price of his auctions and then when they win, they give him nice feedback, and he relists or sells to the underbidder.

There's a guy on eBay trying to sell a PMP like that. Someone kept jacking up the price in dollar incriments daily. When it reached a price I was unwilling to buy at, I stopped budding. Literally minutes after the auction ended, he e-mailed me saying that the other bidder had withdrawn and I could have the mug for $25. PMP... $25. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. NO!

I keep seeing the same mug re-listed.

R

That, my friend, is called Shell bidding.
It's a big NO NO on Ebay, yet hard to prove.
I've been shown some auctions where this happens and this dude sounds like he's also guilty of that.
Maybe it's all a joke?
This guy just seems so, so.... I dont know.
Anal.

L

On 2004-06-08 23:24, RenTiki wrote:
That, my friend, is called Shell bidding.
It's a big NO NO on Ebay....

it has been, for decades and still is; frowned upon in all auction formats.
but...
nope.
its not shell.
it is called Shill Bidding.
a shill is a crooked auctioneer's supposed enthusiastic customer. The word comes from shillaber (same meaning) which came into use in the early 20th century.

R

Thanks for correcting me,lanikai! :wink:
I thought it was shell, oh well.
LOL
Didnt know that either. Very interesting.
Shill, huh?
Yeah, that sounds alot more devious than shell!

What seems 'odd' is that this one character 'klawrence2' seems to have bought a lot of his stuff and left him positive feedback. But he doesn't seem to leave any feedback for 'klawrence2'.
If our suspicions are true then he should remember to give feedback to himself.
This may be asking too much.....

[ Edited by: cheeky half on 2004-06-10 08:07 ]

M

maybe the guy has a split personality and enjoys bidding against himself??.....

We've got another one. Bitter, bitter, bitter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35713&item=3915710075&rd=1

My favorite parts...

"MAKE YOUR BID AND KNOW WHERE YOU STAND"

"NEGATIVE FEEDBACK IS GLADLY POSTED..."

"...BY PLACING A BID YOU UNCONDITIONALLY AGREE TO THE ABOVE TERMS"

If these people are so pissed off at everyone, why do they still sell on eBay?

T

Ebay is a good place for the socially retarded to make a living, that's why! If you can't work in public service, and can't deal with people face to face, then Ebay is the perfect place to make a buck. Just be thankful he isn't serving you your burger and fries!

WOW 1 CENT RARE HOT HOT FRENCH FRIES L@@K!!!!!

K

socially retarded is right...that first vendor has 3415 feedbacks...does he EVER log off? even scarier...what takes place in his life after he does actually leave his computer alone? probably nothing but paperwork in the bathroom...SAD

Somebody get a rope....

POOP! Tikifish, you actually made me look!

T

Yeah, I didnt mean for the 'LOOK' to hotlink, the program automatically does that to any word with an @ in it.

Sorry!

That is the biggest bag of dog crap when a seller holds a buyer ransom for feedback. As a seller I always give the positive feedback after the buyer has completed their end of the bargain....PAYMENT...not when they have left a positive feedback for me. If I screw up then I will rectify the situation. Why should the buyer feel like they are under the gun?

On 2004-06-08 13:48, mattfink wrote:
They were too afraid he'd slam them with a negative even though they kept up their end of the bargain...I'd say it would be better to leave no feedback at all.

LOL! Wow, that seller needs a case of laxitives! He needs to RELAX!!!

Psycho! lol!

~Lenore Shaffer

L

Man!! I spent 30min lookin at that guys feedbacks. What the hell is wrong with that guy? It doesnt take a normal person that long to ship anything. What a goob.

Chris

Pages: 1 38 replies