Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Torch Nights - Atlanta 6/18

Pages: 1 13 replies

Come and support this monthly gathering of Tikiphiles here in the South at Trader Vic's Atlanta!! This is the 3rd of "Tiki Torch Nights" that I am hosting on Friday June 18th - the link to the event is below and here's what you can expect!:

*A book signing by James Teitelbaum of Tiki Road Trip
*DJ Swanky playing those old scratchy records we all know and love
*The burlesque sensations Dames A'Flame will perform in hula attire throughout the evening and a raffle will be held for a Temptation Potion, a new cocktail only available at Trader Vic's Atlanta, to be given away by the Dames themselves! The drink will be set A'Flame and given to a lucky winner around midnight - inspired by the Mystery Drink at the Mai Kai in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
*And last but not least TONGO-HITI will take the stage for a show you'll never forget!! Come hear their polynesian versions of Dancing Queen and they've promised to play one of my favorites Baubles, Bangles and Beads

shhhhhhhh - I've heard Monkeyzuma is gonna make an appearance??!!

Go to the webpage for more details and click on the link for Tiki
Torch Nights: http://www.tikikiliki.com

If you need any additional information feel free to email me directly!

If you're going to be in the Atlanta area for the weekend you may want to check out an all burlesque show at the Echo Lounge in East Atlanta on 6/19 featuring Torchy Taboo and the Pontani Sisters and don't miss Mondo Movie Nights at the Starlight Drive-In on Sunday 6/20 where the features are Steve McQueen's 1968 release Bullitt and Russ Meyer's 1975 release Super Vixens!

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2004-06-07 12:36 ]

H

SOMEday, I'm gonna make it to one of your Tiki Torch Nights. It looks like you've really started a great local tradition. I met Torchy Taboo on Saturday, and she was excited to hear about Tiki Torch Nights -- I'll try to track down her email to give her a heads-up with the latest details.

Atlanta is awfully lucky to have you!

P
pablus posted on Mon, Jun 7, 2004 1:27 PM

Looking forward to it.

If the Amber Love Goddess makes the trip with me I won't be joining in your hedonistic ritual lotto... but if she doesn't make the journey I'll take 40 tickets.

:wink:

Kidding aside, I hope she makes it - she's a Trader Vic's freak.

Wonder where she got that from?

A

I'll be there again this month (missed last month) - looking forward to it.

tiki_kiliki - Not sure if you remember but we spoke at Hale Tiki in Augusta some weeks back....I mentioned that I'd make you a CD of R&B stuff. Well, I did and will have it with me on Friday night! I'll find you....probably wearing a brown/black madras jacket & tie.

Saturday night is the monthly Rhythm & Booze night at El Myr in L5P too, DJs Tim L. and guest spinning the best in raw r&b, hard soul & cheap booze!

[ Edited by: Agent45 on 2004-06-16 13:09 ]

Agent 45 - I sure do remember our conversation. Aren't you surprised after those potent cocktails? Those are the strongest Polynesian concoctions I've ever had the pleasure of drinking down! I'll get a cd ready for you as well.

Welcome to Tiki Central!

S

Monkey Zuma entertains/terrorizes the masses.

He lives! BK and Tim Spears.

James at the book signing table.

And Monkey Zuma with TIki Kiliki.

This was possibly the biggest turnout yet for Tiki Torch Nights. It was fun. I had fun playing records, other than my new mixer not working.

I am going to get the video from the other camera there and edit together a full video of the Mystery Potion dance Dames Aflame did. It was great!

The Swank Pad Broadcast - If it's Swank...

[ Edited by: Swanky on 2004-06-19 13:57 ]

P

Pure freaking torture.
I stared at the ceiling until about 3 am thinking about Joel's drinks and mystery dances and tonga-hiti and friends.

There's some mystical force keeping me from TV's Atlanta, I swear.

The only good news, though, is pops is ok and at home although still in a quirky heart-skip mode.

Glad it was a success, as usual with a Kiliki enterprise. See you this week, "darlin."

Wow, I think that was the best turnout. It was certainly the most exciting with the Dames A'Flame crew. They really outdid themselves. The costumes they created were absolutely terrific and the performances just wonderful. I really felt the Tiki spirit last night. The only bad thing is I kept losing my drinks all night!

Thanks to everyone for attending!

Pablus - glad to hear your father is doing well. We missed you last night!

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2004-06-21 06:59 ]

What a fun night!...I needed that. Not a very photogenic expression on me (contrasts bad with the eternally handsome KavaKing)but I was feeling good. Kiliki is the Tizzle Shizzle. Tim is a fine D.J. And Tongo Hiti are a fine band. And Dames Aflame are some fine dancers. Good to see all the ohana there, too..Mahalo for a great excursion! And Paul, glad your Pop is on his way to good health again. We all missed you, brother.

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2004-06-20 23:09 ]

Monkeyzuma is: scary.

Trader Vic's Atlanta is: perpetually under-rated.

Kiliki is: a hero.

Signing tables are: prison. I'm going to the next event as a 'civilian'.

Joel the bartender: rules.

Tiki Torch Nights Chicago: July.

Okay, I've had enough of this watching-from-afar business, and I'm making plans to come out for the next Tiki Torch Night on July 17. I'm hoping I might be able to convince some coworkers from Knoxville to come down and join me, and I'm also thinking about working in a side trip to Hale Tiki.

pablus, are you in for July?

P

Why yes.
Yes I am.

I hate to even say it out loud though as many times as I've been scuttled for a TV ATL visit.

So... uhhhh... I mean noooo... no I won't be there... with my uke... and falernum.
:wink:

I see in Humu's post that the next event is July 17th. Is that the confirmed date? Mrs. Zombified will be in Atlanta for a trade show this weekend and was hoping to hit TV's. Damn, one week too early(?)

-Z

The next event is indeed on July 17th! I'll announce the details to the event today! Sorry things are a little late right now. Be sure to introduce yourselves when you get there!

Pages: 1 13 replies