Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

So CA Scuba trip! Who's in?

Pages: 1 5 replies

L
laney posted on Mon, Jun 7, 2004 2:01 PM

From a resurfaced thread in Beyond.

I too want to get a TC boat trip together. If I know how many, I have no problem looking into prices and charters. I haven't been diving in 3 years, now's the time! I'm thinking mid August. To give the water a bit of a warm-up and before my yearly MV trip.

I've thought of some fun contests!

Maybe we could plan something around International Tiki Day so those road tripping could kill two birds with one stone.

I'll start
Laney 3-4 people

Who else??? Suggestions on dates etc....
As soon as I have a rough count ( about a week from now) I'll start making calls and post options. Less talk more action!

[ Edited by: laney on 2004-06-07 14:17 ]

S

Thanks Laney,

I'm in, with a possible second person. Where we going?

L
laney posted on Mon, Jun 7, 2004 10:00 PM

I think a day trip to Catalina would be the best bet. It would be cheaper than going over there and staying and we can probably get 3 dives in depending on your depth/time, at least 2. I've used a great shop with a charter in the past out of Long Beach. The boat had bunks (great for naps on the way) and an amazing cook. I think the other Channel Islands require an over-night trip. We'll get back early enough for some post dive cocktails too.

A "find the tiki" game would be fun and a prize for the biggest shell. I've brought up some big abalone in the past.

Any suggestions are welcome.

What about camping on Catalina? My friends and I used to do that all the time and it's a blast! If we don't want to deal with equipment we can get a teepee. I'll have to check the calendar and finances, but Maggie and I would definitely be interested in coming down for that!

Catalina! Great idea. Fine dives for all skill levels. My interest in this possible trip is great.

-Weird Unc

TB

Damn, Im goin to get certified in early August, i dont suppose you'll be goin that late? Will be taking class thru Sport Chalet, i could use a little practice before Hawaii in Sept.

Pages: 1 5 replies