Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

1ST Annual Weeping Tiki Candle Contest!

Pages: 1 13 replies

[ Edited by: filslash 2007-11-20 12:44 ]

I don't know if this counts as it never melted throug being lit, I just left it in the sun and it looks like it fell asleep.

[ Edited by: cheekytiki on 2004-06-08 08:05 ]

ok..here goes! These are my creations because I could'n't find weepers anymore! Hope you like the progress!

this was my first weeping tiki candle...works nice! :)

when good candles go bad!

[ Edited by: filslash 2007-11-20 12:44 ]

You're right! The candle in the background is why I started making tiki candles..I got the weeper in '77 in Hawaii when I was 8 and fell in love with it! When I went back in '96 on my honeymoon, I couldn't find a tiki candle anywhere, least of all a weeper! so, I carved my own!

http://www.thetackytiki.com

judging from the responses, I guess it's a good thing that I started making my own! I don't think there are any others out there! Yikes!

T

cheekytiki that photo is hilarious!

Hey,I was thinkin that some of these look better than they probably did originally.
Maybe the winners candle should be reproduced
for others to enjoy.

[ Edited by: filslash 2007-11-20 12:45 ]

I'm cooking up a new batch right now! mmmmm-MMM! coconutty goodness!

Congrats Cheekytiki! The competition was fierce and the most entertaining meltdown takes it! I hope to see more entrants next year....I'm ready for all takers! :D

Well thank you all,you know I've spent my life working towards this moment and now its (sob, sob) finally happened(more sob).
I'd like to thank...........
ok thats enough. but yeah it was tough and I look forward to next year.

Pages: 1 13 replies