Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

NEWBIE checking in..

Pages: 1 6 replies

Hello to all!!! While seaching the internet on how to build a tiki bar I came across this website.. All I can say is that this site fits me perfect. I can't get over all the information on this forum... I just wanted to introduce my self and say hi... I will be asking alot of ?'s on here and hope everyone doesn't mind. I have just purchased my first home and I am in the begining stages of adding a deck with an outside tiki bar... My plans envision a tv,fan,seating for 6.. So in the mean time can anyone give me any advice as to plans,things to consider and so on. I have did a search on the forum and have notice that people say that there are no plans so maybe some pics of some backyard tikis.. Thanks again for any help. Also I am located in east central florida...

B

Hi Island style.
Welcome to TC. You are right that there are no plans cuz everyone has a different space size and finds different garnishings. Pictures Abound. You will find pix all throughout TC Especially in creating an locating forums. just dive in and have a look. on the bottom right you will see where you can go back to earlier pages on the forum.
Have fun

D

Islandstyle,the more you delve into TikiCentral,the more you will be amazed at the outstanding creativity that abounds on this site-the photos are unbelievable!!! Enjoy!

any advice as to plans,things to consider

Yes - plan your parties during warm periods, but not super hot times. I prefer high quality rum and a well mixed drink and if you'd like to fly me out to attend, I think I would be more than happy to. I also...wait...not these types of plans...ohh..sorry...but they're things to consider anyway

seriously, welcome to TC - do a search on "home bars" and you'll get more ideas than you know what to do with. Also, you'll find in this forum that there are many artists/craftspeople who hand make decor to fit into your tiki bar. Pull up a chair and "talk story" for a while...

but I'm serous about the party. If you have one, they will come...

B

I Agree, lets have a party do discuss how to decorate your home TikiBar. FUN FUN FUN

Thanks for the warm welcome one.. I have decided to build the deck 20 by 25. I am so excited I went out today and spray painted the yard of where I want everything to go.. I am going to be tearing this forum apart looking for info.. Thanks again to all for the help...

Check out the "tiki house remodel" thread for great ideas for your pad! The did an unbelievable job!

Pages: 1 6 replies