Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

An amazing cocktail!

Pages: 1 8 replies

Our neighbor next door to us here at Tiki Farm grew up on a Tahitian atoll with a population of 52! He imports the Tahitian Noni drink and he just turned me on to an awesome cocktail - here it is...

Take a vanilla bean (preferably Tahitian) and cut it lengthwise. Put 1/2 of the bean into a bottle of good dark rum and the other 1/2 into a bottle of good light rum. Shake vigorously and let these sit-up for at least 1 week.

the cocktail:
1 oz. dark rum (vanilla'ized)
1 oz. light rum (vanilla'ized)
1/2 oz. rock candy syrup
2 oz. sparkling water
1/2 lime squeezed squeezed into the drink
garnish with a mint spring... BLAMMO! Wadda cocktail!

Holden

if I were to give this thing a name, I think I'd like to call it: The Tahitian Atoll

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2002-08-30 00:56 ]

Tiki King - You better add this to your cocktail book.

Try this one on for size:
I have a glass barrel with a spigot in the bottom which I use for this, but rig up what ever you can...

I fill the barrel with peeled, quartered pineapples.

Then I add:
5 bottles white rum
4 bottles dark rum
3 bottles black rum
2 lbs of brown sugar (dissolved, with gentle heat, in one of the bottles of white rum)
3-4 vanilla beans, split

I let this sit for about a month to let the flavors mingle and kick up the alcohol a notch...then I drain it and serve with fresh lime juice in a cocktail glass...Voila! A Brazilian Daquiri! Enjoy, Grey

12 bottles of rum! :o chefgrey2, you don't do anything half way do you!

The Gods demand sacrifices...our livers are a smal price to pay, hmmm? Grey

S

Many questions. How big are these bottles of rum? How big is this barrel that is filled with pineapple and then you pour gallons of rum into it? Does the pineapple not rot? Does the sugar not settle out?

Maybe a Cacao bean would make this all into yet another recipe?

..and how much lime juice?

Okay, here goes...the glass keg/barrel I have is a 5-6 gallon container, but you guys might want to modify this recipe to what ever you can find...maybe you can find stuff like this on a smaller scale at Pier One Imports or Bed Bath and Beyond...the sugar does not settle because it is heated in one of the bottles of rum, gently, so as not to cook off the alcohol...just enough so the sugar has dissolved...then the mix is poured into the container...I've not had problems with the pineapples rotting...it is basically pickled at this point...I tend to keep it on my inside bar as sunlight over time has turned brown some other concoctions I do....lime juice is added to taste...probably about an ounce or two for me per cocktail glass...remember. this has sugar, pineapple, vanilla and rum, so you don't need much else...I just like to have this stuff around because it is a conversation piece, and when I'm too busy mixing drinks, and say four or five new people walk into the tiki bar...I'll recommend this to get them started and give me a chance to catch up....Grey

Oh, by the way, we are talking about normal sized bottles...750ml...Grey

Pages: 1 8 replies