Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

ANNOUNCEMENT: Humuhumu is now a moderator

Pages: 1 24 replies

Ever since I introduced the U-Moderate system to Tiki Central, the role our moderators play has been reduced somewhat, since we're now moderating based everyone’s feedback. Since U-Moderate has given a voice to everyone on TC, fixed a lot of mis-categorization of posts, and helped put out flames before they rage out of control, I feel that what TC needs to work on right now is other kinds of moderation, like broken links, bad BBcode, and punctuation & capitalization abuse.

One thing I have noticed is Humuhumu’s regular use the U-Moderate system for just that sort of thing. She has an eye for detail and catches things like formatting problems, broken rules, confused users, and more. And she always seems to be patient, courteous, and consistent in the process. And of course her dedication to Tiki is immense.

So it is with great honor that I introduce Humuhumu as our newest moderator! Here’s to helping make TC even better!

~Hanford

D

yay humuhuma ~ moderate away

but dont bust me too hard for lack of punctuation! i have an aversion to the shift key..

elicia

UB

HUMUHUMU!
HUBA HUBA!
I could not think of a better addition to the party.
I am happy to hear this news.
Thank you Hanford and Michelle for being there.

On 2004-06-08 16:37, dogbytes wrote:
yay humuhuma ~ moderate away

but dont bust me too hard for lack of punctuation! i have an aversion to the shift key..

elicia

And the capitals key!

Well done Humuhumu - it sounds like you've got the balance and lightness of touch that means that you never know the moderators are there until you need them!

Congratulations!!

Trader Woody

I'm refering to this kind of abuse:

!!!!!!!!!!CHECK OUT MY EBAY ACTION OF TIKI TRUCKER HATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-06-08 17:22 ]

GT

Well deserved!

But...."punctuation and capitalization abuse?"

That was teasing, right?

On the ther hand, perhaps there may be subversive grammar and spelling that needs to be supressed, as well.

Are we headed toward the deputization of syntax police?

Time to get out the old Strunk and White!

Edtited: Oops, I was posting while the example was posted. By all means, carry on.

[ Edited by: Geeky Tiki on 2004-06-08 17:27 ]

it's all in the rules:

• No extraneous characters before or after the subject. Things like (!!!!!!!!!Look at my ebay auction!!!!!!!!!!) are not needed. - Avoid writing entire subject lines and messages using all-capital letters. It makes your posts harder to read.

That is the type of capitalization and punctuation abuse I'm talking about.

The reason behind both those rules are because people do that to bring to their posts, and if left unchecked it will turn into ebay where every post is in upper-case with a ton of extra characters.

~Hanford

[Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-06-08 17:31 ]

[Edited by Humuhumu to fix the broken link (hee!)]

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-06-08 18:38 ]

TB

Congrats Humu!

Yes, congratulations humu humu!!

-Tikiwahine

!!!!!!!GO HUMUHUMU!!!!!!!!

(oops. couldn't control myself. moderate me, mama.)

H

All I can say is !!!W@W!!!

No, actually, I also want to say I'm looking forward to editing all of your posts to insert links to my eBay listings. It's going to be a lot of hard work, but it's going to make me rich, I tell you, RICH!

In all seriousness, the job's a little one these days what with how well U-Mod works. I'll just be doing "Cleanup on Aisle 5!" type stuff, y'know, helping little old tikis cross the street, that kind of thing. But I look forward to helping any way I can.

p.s. -- Check it out, I got to do my very first url fix on Hanford's post above! Sweet!

I had it all backwards -- the best bed is the one that's stumbling distance from Tiki-Ti, or the Mai Kai, or the Lagoon Room, or the Alibi, or the Kon Tiki, or...
Critiki

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-06-08 18:42 ]

B

Congrats, Humuhumu, I'm sure you will help keep TC Hummin' Along smoothly. Happy HAPPY

P
pablus posted on Tue, Jun 8, 2004 9:08 PM

good choice

T

I don't know where you find the time to breathe. With all your activities, there is no way you can have a job. You must have a trust fund or won the lotto or something. Anyway, congrats!!!!!!!!!

Tikipug

Congats, Humu!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOW HUMMUMUH I AM REALLY>: PROUD OF YOU,, A ROUND O DrINKS ON ME TOMORROW NYTE AT TIKI TI"{$*%
HER'ES A LINK TO THE BAR IN CASE U NEED IT
www.tik-ti.comm.

S
SES posted on Wed, Jun 9, 2004 3:49 AM

Congrats to Humuhumu and TC!
It's all in the details!
:wink:

aloha and mad props!

j$j$

Congrats Humuhumu! Your promotion in the tiki world is well deserved.

Congrats!

Now all of our posts will be HumuRific.

-Z

Ok, all the jokes are used up, so just cOnGrAtUlAtIoNs!(*)

"Helping Old Tikis across the street", that's a good one.

Ran

(*) As a web analyst I once came across a personal website that was all written like that...sheesh.

Is she going to get all scientific and sh*t on us?

On 2004-06-09 15:36, Atomic Cocktail wrote:
Is she going to get all scientific and sh*t on us?

(insert thomas dolby reference)

Congratulations Humuhumu!

Pages: 1 24 replies