Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Most memorable Batman t.v series villain???

Pages: 1 31 replies

8T

I was talking with a guy today about watching the Batman show on tv as a kid and he didn't remember a lot of the villains I mentioned. Which led me to post this and ask those of you who watched the show....
Who was your Favorite or least favorite villain?? I liked Penguin, Joker and Riddler #1 (Frank Gorshin) a lot but for me
the most memorable was The Mad Hatter.
When his top hat opened up and a hypnotizer ray came out I was really scared. However, please take into account that I was only 5 years old at the time. My 2nd place vote goes to False Face. It's still fun to watch the re-runs but they aren't quite so nerve racking anymore. Can you believe the campy dialogue and props? And why did the henchmen always seem to have their names printed on their shirts? Holy #@(^#$)&^%(

My brother and I still get a kick out of Frank Gorshin! I also liked Vincent Price (Egghead). That yellow and white outfit was too much!

The Joker scared the hell out of me when I was five or six...come to think of it, clowns still give me the creeps. Things with faces that ought not to be painted still scare me.

[ Edited by: tikijackalope on 2004-06-09 03:50 ]

Riddle me this: Name four Batman actors and/or actresses who also took part in the original Star Trek series and the five Star Trek roles they played. The answer to one is for you. The solution to another is black and white. One is somewhat sirius. The last seems admirably easy but its full solution will take supreme mental powers.

S
SES posted on Wed, Jun 9, 2004 3:33 AM

Meow!

On 2004-06-09 03:33, susane wrote:
Meow!

i second catwoman - julie newmar. kind of like mrs. peel gone bad.

re: the batman/st riddle above - the riddler guy played the guy with one side of his face white and the other black - remember the original star trek veiled civil rights issues? :)

what do i get huh huh?

S
SES posted on Wed, Jun 9, 2004 7:41 AM

On 2004-06-08 21:31, 8FT Tiki wrote:
And why did the henchmen always seem to have their names printed on their shirts?

from http://www.villainsupply.com

HENCHPERSON UNIFORM MK II

The serious supervillain hires serious henchmen; and those henchmen wear serious uniforms. Originally designed for security guards at the Microsoft campus, these uniforms complete with kevlar jumpsuit, canvas belt, hip boots, metallic sash, and combination protective helmet/gas mask. Jumpsuit comes with snap or Velcro fly. Available in Black, Charcoal, Ebony, Jet, Pitch, Raven, and Soot.

Price: US$99.99; purchase 20 or more for US$79.99 each

-Z

[ Edited by: Feelin' Zombified on 2004-06-09 09:12 ]

oh yeah,

Catwoman!

-z

GT

I liked King Tut, he was the progenitor of the modern criminal:

A mild mannered academic/archaeologist until he gets bonked on the head - then he becomes a sociopathic villain through no fault of his own.

One more bonk on the head before he's off to prison - et voila! Merely a mild mannered academic again - "he" wasn't responsible for his crimes!

King Tut was ahead of his time.

T

On 2004-06-09 09:17, Geeky Tiki wrote:
I liked King Tut, he was the progenitor of the modern criminal:

A mild mannered academic/archaeologist until he gets bonked on the head - then he becomes a sociopathic villain through no fault of his own.

One more bonk on the head before he's off to prison - et voila! Merely a mild mannered academic again - "he" wasn't responsible for his crimes!

King Tut was ahead of his time.

Unfortunatly, a very true observation GeekyT. It seem no one is responsible for their actions or inactions anymore.

Our founding fathers must be spinning in their graves...

was that response from Tiki_Bong before or after being hit on the head? :)

S
SES posted on Wed, Jun 9, 2004 11:07 AM

Bonked or bonged?
On that site I noticed a typo "Bong Crosby"
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/7537/Marcia.htm

Hahahah

:o

Thanks Unga!

:wink:

-Z

Tallulah Bankhead last acting job as Black Widow stands out with her dragging a mink coat down Gotham City and sounding drunk, even Batman got to sing on the episode.

garth knight

sorry, had to hassel things up a bit :)

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-06-09 13:02 ]

Aw man, first Sinatra, my favorite singer (he lobbied to play the Joker!), and now "Batman" my favorite TV show - you cats are really swingin' up my alley lately.

For other Batfans, you just gotta read Adam West's autobiography, "Back to the Batcave," Burt Ward's incredibly graphic orgy-filled memoir "My Life in Tights," and our pal Yvonne Craig's (she still looks the same, only more so!) very funny autobio "From Ballet to the Batcave and Beyond."

Favorite Villains, in order:

The Riddler (Frank Gorshin, NOT john Astin - he shoulda stuck with Gomez)
Catwoman (Julie Newmar, then Earth Kitt, then Lee Meriwether - Halle Barry isn't even a sex kitten compated to them)
Mr. Freeze (Otto Preminger, then Eli Wallach, then George Sanders)
The Joker (only one, Cesar Romero)

And all the rest. What a brilliant show. Loved it as a kid for the drama, dig it as an adult for the camp and sexual inneuendos. Always loved the colors, costumes, sets and camera angles. So sorry TV Land no longer carries it. I have their Batman screen saver on my computer, you can download it from their site, http://www.tvland.com. Good thing I taped them all. Yvonne told us Fox is tied up in litigation regarding DVD rights. The 1966 feature film is available on DVD with hilarious commentary by Adam and Burt.
The recent reunion movie was funny but kinda sad since Burt looks like Lou Costello and Gorshin looks like a mummy and Julie looks like that facelift woman in "Brazil." Still, love 'em all.

BTW, I am showing the 1966 "Batman" feature film in Thrillville at the Parkway here in Oakland on August 5, details here:
http://www.thrillville.net/calendar/index.html

On 2004-06-09 12:59, AquaZombie wrote:
What a brilliant show. Loved it as a kid for the drama, dig it as an adult for the camp and sexual inneuendos.

When I was a kid, I couldn't figure out why TV Guide called it a comedy. 8)

S
SES posted on Wed, Jun 9, 2004 4:49 PM
D

Vincent Price as 'Egghead'!!!!

"You're a sham, Shane; Don't ever pull on my leg or cry on my tights again!"

UJ

I choose the exploding shark... wait that was the Batman movie

Don't you always carry shark repellent in your utility belt?

Another vote for King Tut.

Although I did love Egghead and his eggy words...eggactly, eggasperated........

[ Edited by: Kon-Hemsby on 2004-06-10 10:14 ]

i always liked how when the catwoman came on to batman, he was all "gee, golly, ahem, jeepers, (fidget) ..."

On 2004-06-10 14:17, Johnny Dollar wrote:
i always liked how when the catwoman came on to batman, he was all "gee, golly, ahem, jeepers, (fidget) ..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ambiguously_Gay_Duo

Can we change channels to The Green Hornet now?

On 2004-06-10 16:46, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Can we change channels to The Green Hornet now?

Very funny description of the reunion movie cast, Aquazombie!

Catwoman would be my pick here, but my problem is simply that I could never think of anyone named "Catwoman" as a villain. I always wanted the show to be about her. Not the silly dudes in bat costumes. (And Michelle Pfeiffer's performance in the movie only reinforced this attitude problem.)

Villainwise, the Riddler, as played by Gorshin of course, is THE classic opponent and leads the pack by a mile.

But...but...although the character doesn't really entrance me as such, I have quite a soft spot for Mr. Freeze.

I think it's just that I really dig Eli Wallach, actually. I could blame it on Film Noir festivals; I could say that after watching "The Lineup" (1951) I became an instant Wallach junkie, hopelessly hooked by his fabulously charismatic, crazed, scary-ass performance...but no. I blame the fetish on my childhood "Batman"-watching habits.

I know, it's weird, but there you are.

S
SES posted on Sat, Jun 12, 2004 6:32 AM

Just think if it had been popular in the 80's we would have had spin off series for each and everyone of them.

T

EggHead...Egg-xactly!

T

I was madly in love with Catwoman as a child in the 60s! I fantasized about being Batman so I could be captured by her. This crush was soon followed by crushes for Barbara Eden, Elizabeth Montgomery, and Marlo Thomas.

Pages: 1 31 replies