Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mister Tiki Mai Tai Lounge San Diego IS OPEN

Pages: 1 7 replies

LD

Hello all, you don't know me, but trust me, I'm a Tiki veteran (had a damn authentic outdoor Tiki Bar in Florida in 1990). I'm in San Diego now and just came from an excellent dinner at Mister Tiki's Mai Tai Lounge. They opened on Tuesday the 8th (yea I know, I was told the 11th). We went and met with the manager Christopher Cooke to arrange a party on the 26th (celebrating the ole 40th). The place looks great, great work by Bosko - Bosko if you read this, nice job - The food was excellent, the drinks are outstanding we had a classic Mai Tai (very very close to the recipe in the Book of Tiki), a Zombie (not the same recipe as the Book, but good anyway), a Friki Tiki, and something with Chai tea and pistachio black pearls (nice after dinner drink). The music was okay, kind of chillout genre, not quite tiki or exotica. They had a plasma screen showing Blue Hawaii and old Bruce Brown surf flicks. Chris gave us a tour and shared some of the thoughts that went into the decor, like the homage to Thor Heyerdahl via the raft-like structures hanging from the ceiling. Like I said I'll be having my 40th birthday there with about 20 friends starting about 6:30 on the 26th. I welcome anyone from this forum to stop by and introduce themselves, I'll be the one in the coconut fedora. Mahalo

BTW Mister Tiki's Mai Tai Lounge is located at 801 Fifth Ave, San Diego CA 619.233.1183

Welcome Lono Dog.

Check out this link:
https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=9085&forum=4&68

Aloha Lono Dog.

Did you take pictures of the place?

LD

On 2004-06-11 12:32, Tiki Bird wrote:
Did you take pictures of the place?

Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my digicam, I had meant to. Looks like a lot of you will see it come Sat. Don't know if I'll make it, I'll have to talk to the missus. Maybe for drinks. We all need to make suggestions for music to Mr. Cooke. I'm actually going to make a cd and see if he'll play it during my party on the 26th.

LD

On 2004-06-11 08:16, Jungle Trader wrote:
Aloha Lono Dog.

Aloooo HA

LD

On 2004-06-11 00:04, MachTiki wrote:
Welcome Lono Dog.

Check out this link:
https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=9085&forum=4&68

I had seen this thread, but didn't want the actual announcement to be buried deep. Thanks though

On 2004-06-10 23:36, Lono Dog wrote:
Hello all, you don't know me, but . . . I'll be the one in the coconut fedora. Mahalo

I love the coconut fedora reference - what every dapper gentleman who is the tiki fan should be wearing.

Pages: 1 7 replies