Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Any Gals Wanna? Craft Some Tiki Ceramics?

Pages: 1 29 replies

I gotta admit, that's a new one.
Good Luck!

T

Welcome to the all new T.C. Dating Club.

GT

I'm Not asking for a Date! Does my Post Imply That? Just looking for a crafting friend boys! Just because I want a woman's point of view " Shame On Me! " that's already asking for trouble! Huh! Doesn't mean a date, you have must of seen to many movies guys!, it's not going to be like The Movie Ghost, :) Gogo http://www.TikiAGogo.com

[ Edited by: GOT Tiki? on 2004-06-13 00:07 ]

[ Edited by: GOT Tiki? on 2004-06-13 00:10 ]

GT

Aren't We here to make friendships? And people getting together with like interest? If we did not have common interest this site would not exists! hmmmmmmmmm Aloha! and WooHoo! Gogo here is some of my Ceramics I have been working on! http://www.debagogo.com/tikiagogo/GOTIKI.jpg

[ Edited by: GOT Tiki? on 2004-06-12 10:43 ]

[ Edited by: GOT Tiki? on 2004-06-12 10:52 ]

[ Edited by: GOT Tiki? on 2004-06-12 10:54 ]

Hmmmm....

http://www.friendster.com

maybe you'll have better luck there.

Just Was Looking for Some Gal Who's Into Ceramics, And I Get Slautered :( WOW

Well to be honest with you your post does come off as very sexist and in the least you are casting people into broad stereotypes. Just because someone is a women doesn’t mean that they will bring a girly to use your term perspective to a project. Men can be just as girly as a girl you know. That and you keep using the term friend, you are looking for a friend who is a girl but won’t even think about a guy, hmmm.

I think a better way to phrase your request would be that you are looking to collaborate with someone on a tiki ceramics project that is more feminine than most tiki projects. If you think that you might be able to contribute to this project then please let me know.

What I think you are really taking heat for is the phrase “Looking for friend To Create And Share Art Together”. That does sound like something straight out of a personal ad. Good luck finding someone to colaborate with. Do you have any close up pictures of your work, it's hard to make anything out.

D

Not to say that I think Tiki Central should EVER be used as a dating service. But if we are going to be honest here, there "are" going to be people on TC who will use this place as a means to find and meet up with others who have similar interests and maybe get a little sumthin' on the side. Why would we condone one type of behavior and not the guy who is just being up front and honest about what he's looking for, and what he's hoping to get out of his experience here? Although I hope this "posting for poon" (classic line borrowed from Tiki_bong :P) isn't a trend of things to come. In my opinion, people should always be upfront and honest about what they want. But to also be prepared for the same kind of honesty and frankness in the responses they get in return.

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-06-12 17:12 ]

GT

Thanks Dawn Tiki for saying how it is, I never wanted to stereo type anyone! Was I asking for a Date! If I want a Girl as a friend isn't that my choice? In my life I have come to realize, and these are my thoughts, I can hold onto my own thoughts can't I? Do I have to think what people tell me! Or can I think for myself, Who I Chose as friends and people who are my friends, can't I Choose?, If I want a Gal as A friend isn't that my decision? People can't take away from me, my decisions, Gal's are more creative, and that's my realization and perception, Yes I would like to hook up with a Girlie with like interest for sure, and You Gals would like to hook up with a killer dude also with like interest, my life isn't all this, I have soooo! much other things going on! Would I like a Wahine with common interest to join me? Yes, of coarse, but my life doesn't surround Tiki Central, there is sooooooooooooo much more of me! Gogo

I think you all should leave Got Tiki alone. I mean come on!

He's right, women are more creative, just think how many more famous women artist there are than men. How many more famous women poets, writers, playrights, chefs, tiki carvers, musicians, and magicians there are than men.

Hey Got Tiki, maybe I can be 'women' enough for you! I do live in H.B. PM (not PMS) me and we'll talk. I shave.

e e cummings would be proud

D
GT

Hey Any Gals wanna Hang Out? Huntington Beach - Harbor I Love To Surfing, Camping, Vintage Bicycle Riding, Boating, Hanging out at the Beach or the Pool, Summer is here Gals lets go play! I Live just a mile to the beach and the harbor is just a walk away! E-mail me at [email protected] Dang! there all I'm advertising myself! you all happy now? if I'm going to be hung mine as well go out with a smile :)

GT

On 2004-06-12 19:48, suburbanpagan wrote:
e e cummings would be proud

I B Cumming would be proud too!

[ Edited by: GOT Tiki? on 2004-06-12 21:35 ]

[ Edited by: GOT Tiki? on 2004-06-12 21:40 ]

lots 'o class

Soooooooo Many Stuffed TIKI Shirts! O.K. everyone I Promise to be a Good Boy! from here on out! So the best I can do as a person is apologize! I'm Sorry if I offended anyone! For real I do apologize, just having some fun down here this way, on Trinidad Island HB Gogo

This post is just so painful to read.

I deleted the Post, The original Post said looking for a gal to work on ceramics together, yes I'm being gender specific, A gal to work on ceramics together, I'm living in Huntington Beach - Harbor area :) Gogo

GOT TIKI,

You want to surf or you want to fight? Cause Charlie don't surf! (just set back down folks, only a movie reference).

Do you surf or just have the board in the living room to impress the chicks (next to the guitar)?

Me and my crew will be at the cliffs (Southern most parking lot) at 7:00am this Friday (6/18), and we'll be at Taco Bell reef (9th street) 6:00 am Saturday (6/19).

Why don't you paddle out and we'll talk tiki in between sets.

If you surf and you're in, post a reply and we'll see you there!

GOT tiki--if you don't want to get slaughtered, just ask for a woman to go to a strip club with you! :)
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=9402&forum=6&0

L

Hey smiley- are you sure you spelled slautered correctly?
limp out.

M

On 2004-06-14 16:39, limptiki wrote:
Hey smiley- are you sure you spelled slautered correctly?
limp out.

sure--as in "Slaughter on Tenth Avenue" :)

On 2004-06-13 00:47, GOT Tiki? wrote:
I deleted the Post, The original Post said looking for a gal to work on ceramics together, yes I'm being gender specific, A gal to work on ceramics together, I'm living in Huntington Beach - Harbor area :) Gogo

Cue Martin Denny to play Unchained Melody on the piano. Hee

[ Edited by: naugatiki on 2004-06-14 17:25 ]

She kinda looks bored. Maybe he's too old for her.

-Z

T

Naugatiki, you are too funny.

I didn't realize the crafting request came from a guy, I thought it was a gal wanting to get together for some girly good times (like a ceramic pyjama party) so I wasn't sure what all the fuss was about!

'Looking at Etchings' = old and busted
'Crafting Ceramics = the new hotness

[ Edited by: tikifish on 2004-06-15 06:33 ]

man, 2004... those were the days :D

W

No, no, this thread can't be real.

Back in 2004 Tiki central was nothing but vibrant interaction between great minds. There were no ulterior motives, no SPAM, no empty posts. It was a fantastic and beautiful thing.

Everyone was smiling day or night
and rainbows shot out of our behinds
and it was ALWAYS TIKI ALL OF THE TIME!

K
KuKu posted on Tue, Jul 15, 2008 4:59 PM

so I wonder if GOT tiki ever got to bong tiki-bong's bong...?!? :lol:

[ Edited by: KuKu 2008-07-15 16:59 ]

H

KuKu--I just want to know if we're still friends. :lol:

K
KuKu posted on Tue, Jul 15, 2008 5:45 PM

On 2008-07-15 17:34, Howland wrote: