Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki in the new Harry Potter movie???

Pages: 1 4 replies

I just saw The Prisoner of Azkaban last night and I think I might have seen a tiki hidden in there. In about the first 30 minutes or so Professor Snape walks into a classroom and starts shutting windows, as he enters on the wall to his right (screen left) I saw what appeared to be a line carving of a tiki.

It was one of those anatomically correct tikis (I can't remember the name). Anyway I wasn't expecting it so I could be mistaken. Did anyone else notice this? The scene right before this one has the Whomping Willow shaking its branches in case anyone wants to check this out.

I noticed the same exact thing, but I thought I was crazy. I'm going to go see it again next weekend at the IMAX, so I'll have to check again to confirm.

I'm so glad someone else noticed though. I feel a bit less insane now.

Something caught my eye like that in another scene with Prof. Lupin (?) in what I believe is the same room. It was among the glass jarred specimens, so I just assumed it was my eyes playing tricks on me with the distortion of the glass. Hmmmm... Maybe I did see it after all.

-Z

Yes it was in Lupin's classroom. I'm glad that it's not just my mind creating images of tikis although that's not necessarily a bad thing. I take this as a sign that my tiki sense is developing nicely and it’s not that I’m going crazy.

Oh my gosh! I thought I saw it too! But I decided I was just imagining things, so I told myself it was all in my head. My head, which is always hallucinating tiki everywhere I look, because I wish it really WAS everywhere I look! :wink: lol!

~Lenore

Pages: 1 4 replies