Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

2 great things that go great together: kooche/chiki-new images 3/30

Pages: 1 19 replies

S

We are fortunate to have some great tiki art brighten our walls. The latest is a tag team effort by TC's own Kooche and Chikitiki. I thought you might enjoy the amazing seeing the amazing talents of Miles (painting) and Danny (frame), from the "idol time" show at Copro/Nason gallery. Hopefully this will not be the last time they team up.
Thanks again to Miles and Danny for giving us another something beautiful to gaze at while we sip our mai tais.

[ Edited by: sirginn on 2005-04-30 10:37 ]

K

Scott

as of last night danny and i are at it again for the show in december at the Mmodern...we hooked up at the tiki ti and had a beverage...i was toasted!

thanks for posting pix so we can see the wonderful couple in action...it looks great...that danny boy!

need to eat and lie down thanks to the chichis i had last night...UG!

thanks again S!

Wow! This looks amazing. Love this. Danny and Miles - as always you do amazing work!!!

B

Totally amazing is right. how can you do it better?

K

y'all are sweet...scott did you have Dion cut that woven matte for you? that is some HOT SH*T!

danny's frame kills me! i love that bamboo inlay at the bottom...smart kid...no?

T

Ok how do I get on the list for one of those frames?????? One of those would look killer on the Hukilau print I plan on getting there.

T

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-06-17 09:18 ]

Great collabo! Both artists rock in their art forms...

Great Frame ChikiTiki.

That is super sweet. I gotta get me a bandsaw for those intricate perimeter designs. How wide and thick is the frame stock that you made it from?

O

great looking frame and art work. i also like that little bit of bamboo that was placed on the bottom

Hey there Scott. Good to see the piece has finally made it home. If you look in the top of the frame at the monkey's mug. there is a small hole drilled ther. This is to hold a paper umbrella. Good times, good times.

H

That's a beaut, sirginn! I'm terribly jealous at the paintings you've snagged from Miles, next time you've gotta leave a few for the rest of us. :)

Here's my beyond-dandy example of their collaborative power. I don't have it hung up yet, but it's going into my office at work, which is appropriate on a couple of fronts: I work with a bunch of chemists, who groove on the Mike-as-mad-scientist part of the print, AND, Tiki-Ti has become the must-see LA thing for people who come from company headquarters in Knoxville. I'm a missionary for tiki, and Tiki-Ti is my chapel. They go back to company HQ and spread the gospel of tiki further, it's a beautiful thing.

Mucho mahalos to Danny for making this unbelievable frame! It's even got it's own thatched a-frame roof! AND, he drove all the way out to Tiki-Ti to give it from me, even though he had a splitting headache. Danny, the Ray's Mistakes are on me for a long while.

D

Humuhumu I can't believe how Freakin' Bad Ass that is! As wierd as it is for "me" to say Freakin' Bad Ass...but...DAMN! That is freakin' bad ass! :P

S

Well the dynamic duo has struck again, here is the latest addition to our lowbrow/tiki art collection. Once again Danny's incredible carvings highlight Miles' amazing painting abilities. This peice is from the Tell tale tiki show at mmoderngallery in Palm Springs. Sorry the pictures do not do this peice justice. A very special thanks to Miles and Danny for this great gift.

You are soo lucky man!!!

MG

NICE GUYS!

What up Sirginn?

Wow! Wow! Sirgin You are a man after my own heart. Amazing Tiki art, tropical plants and a coral reef set up. When I get back from Florida, I'm starting my Tiki stand for the 24gal Nano cube I bought 2 weeks ago. I only wish I could display mine with such great art work!

Those frames are terrific. Man I wish I didnt have a day job. Chikitiki just cranks them out.....

K

chiki...BOOOM!!! thanks for doing me and SG up SOLID and TIIIGHT! i owe chichis now!

once again...you are the ruler!

mahalos!

holy crap! the two of you are rockin' the art world HARDCORE! and together, no less. The way you guys tweek the standards is amazing...and the results...individually are awesome...but together? SHABAMMMM! there's nothing like it.

Kooche, chiki -you and "mad-mike-the-mixologist" have quite a bit in common. After sampling one, you just need more.

and to those of you that have these most excellent creations in your possesion...my hat goes off to you. they have (and will be -humu) been displayed most beautifully.

Pages: 1 19 replies