Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Please help identify this tiki mask

Pages: 1 2 replies

Hi,

As you will probably gather from my post I don't know a lot about tiki's. I love the tiki room at Disneyland if that counts for anything... for or against me.

I am clearing out my in-laws things and came across this tiki mask that I am pretty sure was broght back from the Phillipines in the 60's by a relative working in the peace corps. Can anyone give me any information on this mask? I want to put it on ebay and would like to give some accurate and reasonable information with it. The type of wood it's made from, if it fits any style or type of tiki.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

[ Edited by: estate2go on 2004-06-12 15:47 ]

[ Edited by: estate2go on 2004-06-12 16:08 ]

to me, it just looks like a souvenier carving that is kinda, sorta tiki-ish....I don't recognize any particular style outside of the carver's personal flair....don't think it's worth too much if you're planning on putting it on ebay.....but, you never know! good luck!

Thanks so much for the information! That's what I needed to know. I am clearing out my in-laws estate and half the time I am about to toss something I run a search on ebay and find out it's worth something so I'm getting where I check most things.

I just don't know enough about the variety of stuff they had here, but really am having to pick and choose what to post and what to put in the give away because I'm running out of time.

Thanks for the information, it's really appreciated.

Pages: 1 2 replies