Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Clay Art Tiki Mugs and such

Pages: 1 7 replies

At Wacko the other day, I spied some new barware by a company named Clay Art, out of San Francisco. Set of four repro mugs, a HUGE pitcher, cookie jar, S&P shakers. More all pretty cool, and nothing to cry over if you break.
Anybody know anything about this company?
TG
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

I spied some new barware by a company named Clay Art, out of San Francisco. Anybody know anything about this company?

Yes, Clay Art out of South San Francisco has a new line out, but does not have a website set up to view items to see. They are one of the larger manufacturers of salt & pepper shaker companies in the U.S. and wholesale only, so pictures are available only to retailers only through ad slicks, catalogs, manufacturers reps, etc.. In speaking with a company rep, she said she will try contacting one of the local (Orange County and/or Los Angeles County) retailers who does have a website and will have them contact me to give me their web address (and, of course, in turn, I will let you all know), as well as sugg. retail pricing. She also said that if she finds no one with pictures of the new tiki/hawaiian line on their website, then she will send me an ad slick (one page glossy print) of the items along with retailers carrying the product to order by snail mail to my address. I'll scan & show as soon as I receive. So, as soon as I get more info I will let you know, unless someone else comes up with something before I do.

Hope this helps (somewhat),

SugarCaddyDaddy

N

Here's the new Clay Art Tiki Mugs. Unfortunately here at BevMo!. We sell every damn set of Clay art BUT the Tiki.... It's in our system though with a new SKU number, but status'd as D for discontinued, so MAYBE we will get them, or they tried and they are a no show. Anyway, you can get them here:

http://www.shopperschoice.com/item_item_1853159.html?PID=1410820&afsrc=1

And here's the matching platter!
http://www.shopperschoice.com/item_Clay-Art-Tiki-Serving_Platter_path__item_1853158.html

[ Edited by: Nytshaed 2007-05-03 11:10 ]

no offense but no wonder they dont sell, they are scary bad.
stop rainbow tikis now.....
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Arrrrrgh! The Party City Tikis have made to mug status! ...sorta. How unimaginative must one be to rip of that, the cheapest of all Tiki designs (remember the guy who had it tattooed?)
Thanks for appropriately dissing them, BTD, so I don't have to feel like I am the only one complaining....

P

they'd be bearable if they were less bright. I sort of like the plate. But i agree completely. The color sucks...it sucks bad.

K
Kenike posted on Thu, May 3, 2007 7:15 PM

The mugs Clay Art came out with a few years ago are pretty nice and detailed...even though they are rip offs of classic designs.

Click Here

I have the 4 mugs that Kenike is talking about and I've gotta say I like them. They're nice to drink out of. They seem heavier than most ceramics. They've got a real nice feel to them. They seem sturdy and substantial when you hold them. Does that make sense?

Pages: 1 7 replies