Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

TIKI Coins

Pages: 1 14 replies

GT

Lots of Tiki Gods coins out there, I'm not a collector here, but if someone collects coins check out, French Polynesia Which is also Oceaniana, And Palau Has The Colored Coins The Coolest Coins I have ever seen, they are based on saving the Ocean, I'm On Board There! Also check out Bahamas, Barbados and New Zealand, there is also a Kon-Tiki Silver Coin that's real cool, Hawaii Even has a coin vert rare though and pricey, I have about 30 Tiki God Coins, from around the world, again not a collector but I think they are cool, I have done much research on Island coinage, so if you wanna know something, ask me! Why do I know about this? I was going to incorporate island coinage into my tiki art, maybe I still will, but what you cast shrinks by 10% can't shrink a coin! Cast A Mug Bigger Then! I have and you all will see someday, But Really Guys and Dolls the Palau Coins are the Bomb! Gogo

Good new subject! I especially love the coin from ...(damn, can't find it...is it from Tonga?) that has the Rarotongan fisherman's god proudly displaying his member in profile.
Can you post pictures here? That would be grand.

T

Agree with BigBro, pictures, pictures, pitcure, we wanna see. :)

I have a feeling we'll never see these coins

B

Wow, I've never seen a Tiki Coin and here you are describing these beauties with words only. I agree with Tiki-Toa we need pictures.
My camera takes great Macro shots. Mail the coins to me and I'll shoot them and promise to send them back.

On 2004-06-13 07:04, bigbrotiki wrote:
Good new subject! I especially love the coin from ...(damn, can't find it...is it from Tonga?) that has the Rarotongan fisherman's god proudly displaying his member in profile.

Yeah, the Cook Islands mint such coins. It's certainly on their $1 coin (or at least was). A lot of the Pacific islands make a lot of money minting coins and printing up stamps for the collectors market, and Tiki inevitably crops up now and again.

Interesting topic. It's always good to hear that people are collecting more than just mugs.

Trader Woody

The best I can do is a couple Aku Aku coins.

Thanks Trader Woody! Nice!

Oddly enough, I was just at Oceanic Arts, and Bob was telling me about a recent South Seas adventure he had returned from.

One of the things he told me about were a number of tiki coins he had obtained while on vacation.

Sure enough, he had a number of beautiful tiki (well, anything tiki is beautiful) coins from a number of island nations.

(Man, that guy leads the life!)

B

Thanks Trader Woody for posting those Pic's. How come We don't have neat coins like that?

T

GoGo, dude can you hook me up with a list of those tiki coins, I would love to go treasure hunting on the net for them. Mahalo.
SO far I have found the DOODLE coin and the NZ coins, any other cool ones to look for?

"May the Tiki Gods bless you and always keep your life Tikifull!"

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-06-17 08:47 ]

http://radio.rphf.spbstu.ru/~abris/nz2003/money.htm

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-12 14:34 ]

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 18:33 ]

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 18:33 ]

I was visiting with Bob & Leroy a couple of weeks ago at OA and Bob had a small pouch with some coins he had collected on his recent trip through the south seas. I belive the Tanaga coin up above was one of them. Coo coo!

Pages: 1 14 replies